Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mystery google

:)

I read on MLIA all the time about how people go on Mystery Google and find funny stuff like "Get me out of school! *name* *school number*" and people actually call up the school and make up some random excuse to get the guy out of school.

@__@

Okay okay let me explain.

MLIA (acronym fo My Life is Average) is a website where people post up little anecdotes of their life that they find amusing or unusual.

Recently, there have been a lot of posts like this:


Curious, I went to find out how Mystery Google works.
The web page looks like this:


Basically, when you type something into the search box and google it, what turns up is not an answer to your query, but the last thing a person searched on google.com.

It's pretty random and is a good time-killer.

However, lately there have been people with the idea of searching their number or email in google with a task for the person who mystery googled them to do.

Here's what I got:

fav harry potter quote *phone number*

Being skeptical about the authenticity of the little stories on MLIA, I texted the number with one of the few HP quotes I remember:

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."

Within minutes, I received a reply:

":D thank you! that made my night, kind sir or madam..."

Haha! It made my night too! I guess people actually do ask for pretty random stuff :)

Yea, don't lecture me about giving my number out to strangers. It's just once, for fun :D

The person lives in Brisbane :) I made a new friend today!

:D Cheers.

No comments: