Monday, January 12, 2009

Wu Liao Tip of the Day

If you're a wu liao person like me, you'll be constantly doing wu liao things - hence people calling you wu liao and before I stray even further off the point, here's my wu liao game for the day.

Requirements:

- Wu liao friends
- CS (sorry regular people who have a life)
- Internet connection

So, to ease your boredom, drag a couple of friends (willing or otherwise) to join you in your wu liao venture of...hide and seek!

Yes. Mona, Henry and I played hide and seek in CS for almost an hour.
-________________-

So anyway, it's really simple to host a game of hide and seek.

After you call your friends, host (or ask one of them to host) a map with lots of hiding places.
In this case, I chose de_westwood. I used to play the zombie mod in it with Bryan and trust me, it's awfully scary when you're in almost total darkness with a horde of zombies hunting you down.

So anyway, this map is perfect for our game of hide and seek, because for a de_ (detonation) map, it has tons of hiding places.

It has a main road flanked by double-storey old country houses, paths on the roof, back lanes, ladders, ropes, crates and little nooks and crannies everywhere make it perfect to play hide and seek.

As you set up the server, set your max players (as many as your connection will allow,) TURN OFF THE FOOTSTEPS and set a password if you don't want strangers to join.

The time limit should be set according to the number of players.
In my case, there were 2 hiders for 1 seeker, and I set it to 2 minutes (which turned out just nice.)

Then, set the following setting on your console:

mp_autoteambalance 0

so you can have as many hiders to a seeker as you want.

The rules are:

1. The person who seeks goes to the Terrorist team.
2. Those who hide go to Counter-terrorists.
3. Terrorists (seekers) can only carry a pistol.
4. Counter-terrorists (hiders) can only wield a knife.
5. The seeker shoots to kill upon sight.
6. Hiders are allowed to attack the seeker with his/her knife, or choose to flee.
7. FIND ALL HIDERS BEFORE THE TIME IS UP!

mrgreen

Sounds damn lame, but it's super duper fun LARRR!

Mona was the first seeker, and he almost started emoing cause he couldn't find us initially.
But after getting to know the map better...shitty shitty scary fella with his imba headshot-prone glock. T_T

There was once, I almost jumped out a window to land on him but managed to reverse direction and flee. This is where the absence of footsteps comes in handy. You have no idea how many times a seeker has run past a hider without noticing him. LOL.

And no, removing non-melee weapons from the hider isn't a death sentence.
As you know, a stab to the head can be fatal and that's exactly what I did to Mona as he rounded a blind corner.

He was too shocked to shoot so I leapt and nailed him right in the face, much to Henry's mirth.
lol

And if the seeker spots his/her prey and decides to shoot from afar, the hider still has a chance to lose the seeker by running as fast as you can. LOL. Pistols aren't very accurate from a far range, so you should escape with about half hp left unless you're playing against pros. (Poor you.)

There was once Henry spotted me on the main road.
I dodged behind a conveniently placed wagon and we started running round and round the wagon bollywood coconut tree style. LOLLL.

I tried to lose him by abruptly changing direction and ducking into a doorway, but my grand plan failed miserably as I banged straight into the doorframe instead.

...

(Incurable klutz.)

I was then gunned down, Western style, with my blood splattered on the door and Mona laughing his ass off at us. CHEH!

And good god, who could forget the time I was crouching in a corner happily, thinking that I'd successfully lost the seeker when Mona fell onto my head from above. And he STAYED THERE without me noticing (no footsteps *#^*@&%#&%!#) until he got bored and decided to slash me in the scalp.

mad

I remember him laughing gleefully, escaping with 4 hp (I tried to knife him back) until HE FELL OFF THE ROPE AND DIED.

AHAHHAA. Guess who had the last laugh?

...Henry. Duh.

But he had his fair share of depressing moments as Mona watched me hunt him down until the last seconds. He even had the nerve to LOL me as the last second ticked by.

His LOL immediately turned into WTF! as I found and killed him in the few seconds between the end of the 2-minute timer and the start of the next round. cool

And of course, Mona cannot stop gloating at how many times he followed me around silently, holding his fire until I turned around to have the biggest shock of my life. -_-

Henry says he's the best hider. CHEH!
I know I suck cause I tend to be unable to stay in one place. I mean, I heard it's easier for people to find you if you don't move. That's why you stay put when you get lost in a mountain or something.

Unfortunately, Mona seems to be able to predict where I go, (and won't let me forget it!) so he tracks me down before Henry.

ARGH! I feel so sore when I die and Henry is happily laughing in his dark corner somewhere, unmoving, thus proving my scout's theory wrong. (But then again, I was never a scout.)

Okay, so now I know I really suck at hide and seek.
I CANNOT keep my nose out of things and I kept peeking out whenever I heard a scuffle between Mona and Henry.

I was sitting on the water tower while Henry was on the opposite roof, crouching in a corner.
Mona spotted Henry and chased him around the roof. I peeked around the tank to see what was going on. Henry managed to escape and I crept back to my hiding place.

I almost screamed when I was stabbed in the back a few moments later - Mona saw me while he was chasing Henry but pretended he didn't.

DIUUU!

He said he let Henry go because why chase him down when I was a free frag?
I was perched on the tower with only one way down - and he was coming up the ladder anyway.

SWT. Cunning bastard. evil

Another time I just felt like I HAD to peek out the window of the second floor of one of the houses to see what was going on.
Mona was on the opposite roof, then suddenly he swung around and spotted me.
SHITTY SHITTY SHIT >_>

There were only two ways out - down the ladder and out the door on the ground floor, or jump off the balcony to the main road, taking damage and making myself and easy target.

I decided to hang round the corner until he came out and try to stab him in the face. -_- He learnt his lesson though and shot me from afar. Sob.

After that he scolded me for being kepoh.
Says I keep watching him and Henry run around and then I die instead. of Henry. -_________________________-

I just noticed that Henry doesn't know how to use the radar at all. LOL.
Although footsteps are silent, you can still hear someone if they fall from a certain height.

LOLLL STEPH I HEARD YOU FALL! AHAHHAA
I'm not moving, Hen. HE'S THERE! LOLLLL.
OMG!

barbosa has pawned GodPistolHand with a headshot from glock

AHHAHA ZHAR DOU! lol

So gan jiong lar.
There was once, Henry and I were hiding in the same house - me and the first floor and him and the second. He was RIGHT on top of me on my radar.

We were happily private chatting away as the timer ticked down when I heard a scuffle and Henry suddenly died.
WTF! IMAGINE SOMEONE GETTING MURDERED RIGHT ABOVE YOUR HEAD!

A killer! In your house! Just one floor above you!

I just stoned there and ran for it.
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! T_T

And I escaped. biggrin
*wipes sweat*

I'm gonna make more people play tomorrow. I don't care.
I haven't played hide and seek since I was a kid, and if this is the best I can get for now, I'll take it. razz

I love hide and seek. ^^

So, if you're a CSer and you are tired of your everyday 'plant the bomb, defuse the bomb, rescue the hostages, kill the enemy,' you can try this instead.

Just make sure you have at least 3 people and adjust the amount of seekers to the amount of people hiding. Also make sure the time limit is sufficient for the seeker to find everyone, yet not too much to allow the seeker to dawdle.

Don't have too many people if the map is too small. It'll be crawling with people then, and doesn't give you that vulnerable and anxious feeling. eek

Anyway, I'm going to try to sleep now, after sleeping from 8am to 6 pm and 8pm to 10.30 pm the day before. -_- Yes, my sleeping hours are screwed up and my non-sleeping hours are filled with useless activities.

The life of a holidaying teen, indeed.

cool

No comments: