Sunday, September 09, 2007

Parteeee...

*Update: Added the purplink salad picture ^^ Ty Yap

Just cause par-TAY! is so cliched XD

Yesterday was Abigail's 16th and Daniel's 19th birthday party.

Happy birthday peeps!

Home-cooked food just tastes so much better than catered junk.

Especially when B and I spent FOUR hours making ONE salad.

Hahaha...I am officially no longer domestically-impaired!
*cheer*

I skipped school on Friday to help B prepare the food for her party (Do I need a reason to skip, actually? There are no classes anyway ==)

I had my sleeves rolled up and ready to learn how to marinate, crack eggs, chop veggies and all that housewife crap, but little did we know we'd spend FOUR FREAKING HOURS on ONE salad.

Lmao.

We had to wash the muddy potatoes that we painstakingly selected from a giant heap at the supermarket - 2.5 kgs in all - and peel them.

And wash them again.
Then chop them into cubes for salad and wedges for curry respectively, but God knows what I chopped ended up looking exactly the same. o_O

Then we chopped purple cabbage, cucumber and cashew nuts as well as squeezed lemon for that sour taste. ^^

Celynn made my heart stop every she grabbed my hand while I was holding the parang. = =
I KNOW I will scream if a 6-year-old loses a finger (or more) because of me.

But nothing happened, to her at least.
While chopping onions - not for the salad, silly - I dropped the parang on my hand.

...

And the stupidest thing was I was doing very well until I decided to change the position of my hand as it was getting tired. The moment I changed my position I realised that my thumb was susceptible to the blade of the parang, and thought to myself:

"What the heck, might as well finish chopping this onion first..."

And immediately I dropped the knife on my thumb.
Swt.

Aside from that, there were no other injuries besides B tearing her cuticle with an exceptionally fierce cashewnut which refused to split open.

XD

Anyhow, we ended up with a yummy (IMO, but it's probably biased =P) pink and purple salad!
So girly!

Hahaha...the purple cabbage stained the mayo pink and we ended up with a feminine looking dish that made a guy go:

"WTH is that pink thing?"


I still chuckle to myself everytime I imagine the cutesy salad sitting on a plate next to macho looking brown satay, brown noodles and brown chicken. =x

***

We ended up having a water fight as the balloons inevitably ran out.
Yesss!

Yi Ling, Sui and JL managed to get completely drenched despite their refusal to play.
(Chee-ken!)

It looked so wicked fun you guys couldn't resist, could you? Could you? =P

My first two balloon bombs were complete failures - the first one aimed at the birthday boy's back totally bounced off and rolled away -.-

The second one aimed at the birthday girl bounced off and splashed at her feet.

B and I were chasing this guy - I forgot his name, I'm sorry *wince* - but he ran too fast (I was barefoot on the tarmac ok) and so B and I trudged back toward the house in utter defeat.

Psych!

I whirled around, socked him in the face and ran off cackling while he spluttered in indignation. Muahahaha!


I got Yap in the hair (very hard to miss =P)
Sui Yi dumped a cupful of water on my head and I upended a whole basin of water over her.
JL got a thorough dousing by way of hose.

*glee*

After it was all over, we had a picture taken - wet shirts, cmon! =P
The guys told the girls to go in front and squat, which we did obediently, albeit suspiciously.

We posed for the cam...and SPLOOSH!
The guys dumped a whole basin of water over the girls amidst furious cries of protest.

= ='

"St. Johns beat CBN! Hahaha!"

Oh come ON!
Totally owned!
T.T

Hahaha!
There are just some things (however few and far between =x) that make you hate and love guys at the same time.

***

The cake was really, really good!
Oreo cheesecake and coffee cake - both homemade!
Better than Secret Recipe's.

Well, it was ok until some guy walked into me on the stairs and smashed the cake into my face.
= =

But it was still yummy, nonetheless. ^^

Daniel had relighting candles.
You shoulda seen Sui's amazement - it was hilarious...like it was an absolute miracle that the candles refused to remain blown out.

Hahaha...Fish, you know, you can buy these candles at party shops or peddlers. =/
Basically it's a normal candle that will spark itself when it goes out - you can put it out by dunking them in water.

...There, that takes the magic out of everything, doesn't it?
(Aw man, I feel like the parent who tells their kid that Santa doesn't really exist. Sucks.)

BTW, Sui screamed in Midvalley yesterday!

It was so shrill it echoed.

o_O''

People were staring, ahaha!

Sorry, I was being a pain that day - very grumpy due to the fact that my contacts were drying up and I couldn't see properly, and because Alvin said I looked matured, and also because I was a bit sleepy.

= =''

...

Matured is merely another word for old.
Old.
Old!
OLD!
I look OLD! *gloom* =(

Anyhow,
I'm sorry, I should've known better than to talk right into your ear.
=/

But I like doing that because then I don't have to speak so loudly and some people just...like it.
But no, no, you're an exception.
^^

Our adorably jumpy Fish, lmao.

JL, Yap and I enjoyed being your shrub, stop sign, and lamppost respectively. ^^
=/ Don't ask.

***

The WCG (World Cyber Games) were held at Midvalley convention centre yesterday (and today, I think)

It was so cool! *gleaming eyes*
I felt so at home with all the cyber nerds and geeks. =/
...somehow.

Even when most of the games they were playing were foreign to me, I still felt a sense of comfort just watching them play it. o_O

Geek or what? XD

I didn't want to leave. ='(

It was hilarious watching couples walk past the convention center and seeing the eyes of the male half get drawn automatically to the WCG banner.

It was that irresistible! *salivates*

Ok, this post is too long already - I'm bored.

...
*makes Ah Lian pouty-gedik-face and mocks self*


But I'm bo-ored! *whine*

Oh Lord, what is happening to me?
(I think it was the pink salad! Oh no...)

Oh well, time to face my beloved Puan Sarjit tomorrow.

Wish me luck and pray that she calls my mother. ^^
(...and saves my breath.)


Song of the Day:

"Every Day Is Exactly The Same - Nine Inch Nails"

Should I bring an umbrella? *cackle*

No comments: