Sunday, September 30, 2007

Muddled :S

I'm so confused.

First mom says she'll support me in anything I choose to do - career-wise, that is - then today she tries to dissuade me from studying Fashion Design.

*Note: This is just the gist of it, not word for word.


Mom: Why don't you go into copyrighting instead? You're creative and your english is good, why not?

Me: But I want to do fashion designing...

How many people can make it in fashion designing? It's a tough industry.

Copyrighting is scary. It's a make or break thing...I'm scared I'll break it.

It is! But you just have to be confident in yourself, you must believe you can do it! But first you must know what you want to do.

...*mutters* I do.

Copyrighting is easier to get a job, Malaysia needs copyrighters!

All our ads suck. They are boring, unoriginal and lame. *sulk*

That's why you can help! Every company needs people to advertise for them.

I don't want to be a part of it. I wanna do fashion designing. Or creative directing. Or makeup...and taking pictures...*mumbles*

See.

Mom says:

She will support me in whatever career path I choose.

YET

She is trying to persuade me to do copyrighting after I have painstakingly picked out fashion designing as my option.

Mom says:

That I can do it if I just have confidence in myself - I can make any industry I want to if I believe in myself.

YET

She tells me that I can't make the fashion industry.

Mom says:

That I have to hurry up and make up my mind about what I intend to do after SPM.

YET

When I say 'Ok I decide on fashion designing!' she goes 'Why not try [this and this] instead?'

***

WTH MAN! Tell me, is it just me or is this conversation utter bullshit?
Not that my mom doesn't mean well - she does...but HELL, I'M SO CONFUSED.

How can I not be?
Everything that she says seems so contradictory to me...it's addling my already fickle mind.

Any suggestions?
.
.
.
No?
.
.
.
I thought so.

Now go away.


Song of the Day:

"Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely - BSB"

Thank god for wimpy boybands.

2 comments:

YL said...

hey.

my mom is EXACTLY THE SAME as yours.

but mine is way worse.....

she didnt ask me to be copyright-er... nothing that creative...

but ACCOUNTANT or QS or *insert boring jobs*.

like shit la.

she also everyday go like "You really wanna be designer ah? Very susah one oh..."

talk about pain.

le sigh.

Stupid fucking 9am-to-5pm jobs.

Nichelle Tan said...

aiyo, my mom is brainwashing my dad to brainwash me into doing accountancy man...!

Coz can earn more money!!! gaaa!

wat's copyrighting anyway? ><