Thursday, March 05, 2009

Making a splash :D

I intended to kick start the year leaving an impression on each of my lecturers, and I think I've completed my task.

Design Communication:

The girl who always falls asleep, or is falling asleep while he is talking.
Btw my classmates shared a good few laughs and gasps when they saw my DC homework today. It's the one where we had to go search for a dead leaf, 3 letters, 2 words, a line of text and a photograph:


o_O? Is it that bad?

You don't have to fully comprehend it, but it's got something to do with prostitution and peer pressure. :D Go figure.

And yes, I am aware that the model looks like she's attempting to mimic a chicken, but she's actually pulling her clothes up - it's not so obvious now that I pasted her lovely Touch me sash on top. Lol.

Anyway we had to photocopy a whole pile of them, then pick a 5x5 cm square from the whole entire thing (@&*#&^@$% waste effort!) and cut out 9 copies.


Then arrange them into a 3v3 tile.

And you get this!


Hehe. :D

Okay, anyway English teacher has already singled me out (what's new? -_-) and has already asked my friends to ask me for opinions and feedback on their work: "Ask Stephanie, if she thinks it's alright then it should be fine."

English: Good

New Media: Downside - I fell asleep in class; upside - I'd already finished my work by then. Sooooooo I don't know whether he likes me or not.

Principles and Elements: I think she finds my staring unnerving. I sat down at the table she was having a coffee at on Tuesday. She looked at me. I looked back at her. Then she started fidgeting and her lips turned down. After that, she reached into her bag and pulled out the class register and began to study it on the pretext of learning my name - so she wouldn't have to look at me.

I don't think she likes me. :(

Production Skills:

Wowweee! Today's class made me so happy!
Hehe.

We did drapery today.
We had to use charcoal and draw a piece of translucent cloth draped over an easel.
She made us draw it around 7 times, before we did our final piece. ._.
She rotated the easel every 5 minutes, and if we weren't done, too bad. Start from scratch again.

HOLY. My first drawing was not bad - I like it. :D
She gave us around 20 minutes for this one - line drawing only.


NO RULERS! That would expain why the easel suddenly came down with a base of scurvy. O_O

The 5-minute drawings all looked like shit and none of them were completed. HA.
I'd like to see you finish the whole drawing in 5 minutes - when it was your first time doing it!

Behold, my crappiness:



You get the picture -_-

Then she rearranged a solid cloth for our final drawing - WITH tones.
10 minutes to do the preliminary.


Wow. And to think I was pretty satisfied with this crappy thing already. o_O Standard memang low.
When she told us to get a new sheet of paper and begin again, almost everyone groaned, their hearts in agony. :(

One hour later:


WA. I surprised myself. It looked pretty okay!
Considering my last failed attempt at shading, which Ling probably had a good laugh at. T_T

Teacher announced that she was going to go around class, handing out blu-tac to the people whose artwork she thought should go on the wall...and I got it!

WHEE WHEE!
6 other people got it too, out of the 22 in our class. :D

/happy

The others were pretty damned impressive, but that doesn't make me love mine any less. XD
It's no Picasso or Da Vinci or whatever, but for my very first time doing fabric AND shading it...O_O

And people told me it was nice too, and asked me whether I had done this before - to which I replied "no, I'm a science student" with just as much surprise as they had. Woots! ^_^v 

I don't hate shading anymore, after all these years of shying away from it.
It just goes to show you can do anything if you try hard enough. :D
(And if you had no choice but to!)

Hehe. Happy happy.
The lecturer didn't have any complaints either, just a big 'DEFINITELY' as she passed by, handing me a strip of blu-tac.

I do wish I could have more different tones though.
Looks kinda monotonous to me after a while. :/
And I don't really like the middle part. Looks fake.
Oh well. *stops before I start to hate it T_T*

PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE! :D:D

Hi 5~

So I guess half the lecturers like me and the other half don't.
But that's the way it goes every year. :(

I still remember how much Mr Madhavan disliked me last year.
LOL.

Daughter of two CPAs who failed at Accounting?

HA. HA.

The 4 hour class flew pass without a single yawn from me, although I only slept 4 hours last night. Things are looking rosy this year. ^_^

I love uni!

AND my cute bitch who calls me during break to brighten up my day! Wo ai ni.
XD

No comments: