Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Oh no :(

See, this is what happens when you attempt a long distance relationship: People try to steal your boy! T_T


To be his gay partner summore. Sigh. :(

Anyway, today I went for my first field trip of the year - only one week into uni! - and we walked down Flinders Street which is really really pretty and has this really classic European shopping arcade and tiny little cafes everywhere. If any of you ever come to Melbourne, I'm dragging you there to have lunch. :D

After that, we crossed the Yarra river and walked to Federation Square and did our first gallery tour - we have to write a gallery review later. -_- Ah. I have no idea how, but as you all know I'm pretty eloquent in my bullshitting so there shouldn't be much of a problem. ^_^

We only toured the collection of Rosalie Gascoigne - omg I almost typed Miranda Cosgrove again I don't know WHY but her name keeps popping into my head whenever I'm trying to recall the name of the artist. =_=

Miranda Cosgrove - Nickelodeon kid

Anyway Rosalie was this Aussie with a French surname who was born in 1917 and reached her peak of creativity around 57/58 years old. Her husband was a scientist - a serious astronomer - and she lived on a mountain in Canberra and worked as a housewife.

Then she started walking around the bushes nearby and began to collect junk and created her artwork. O_O I have pictures but they're pretty crappy - no flash and I hurried cause there were so many other students waiting to take pics too. Not gonna upload today, gonna use up our bandwidth limit - the meter resets tomorrow so I may upload then if I feel like it. :P

When I first walked in, I was every bit the skeptical left-brainer - you call this art? Wtf.

Then, I slowly got into the artsy mood and I came out going oohhhh ahhhh coollll. O_O I could see her evolve from putting together little bits dolls heads and cans to bits of signboards and zinc boards to make pieces that looked remarkably like paintings from a distance.

Whoa.

Ok, most of you aren't going to understand a word I say or how I felt - maybe perhaps Ling so I'll stop babbling. :D

On another note...I WANT THIS:


SO PRETTY OK?
Shitty Razer makes such pretty products that make me drool. @(&#^@*&#

The Lycosa already looked pretty damn yeng with its electric blue backlit buttons (oh yes I find backlit keyboards pretty damn cool) and its media control.

WOWOW no longer need to tab out to control iTunes. O_O!

And the WASD backlit could be pretty handy though for those late night CS sessions where I don't want the whole freaking keyboard glowing at me. Or maybe I'll just keep the room light on. XD

And now they have the mirror edition with a glossy finish. WA. They really know how to appeal to female geeks. O_O *gleam*

But I do have some concerns over fingerprints and smudging. -_- I sometimes like to apply lotion while at the keyboard so yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that may be a problem.

EITHER WAY.
Mirror edition or not, Lycosa...MINE PLEASE!

*hint hint to mommy*
Psssst, 18th birthday. I don't want a car XD

Bf not allowed to buy.
Surprise me please? :P

No comments: