Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy 2-month anniversary :D

Heh heh.

Hi 5 baby! We made it, no sweat. :)

It was around 2.30 am on the 16th of February where one Lo Chang Sam asked me to be his girlfriend.

Before then, I had doubts about long-distance relationships. I even told people I'd rather break up than leave the country tied-down to someone with no way to continue the relationship through other means besides phone calls, video calls and msn.


So, it was rather shocking (to myself) when I found myself saying yes, yes I will be your girlfriend. o_O Having a mere 4 days for us to familiarize ourselves to being in a relationship, I had no clue what we'd do when we were 7000 km away from each other.

Can I hold his hand and go shopping?
Nope.

Can I sleep on his shoulder in the cinema?
Nope.

Can I go to Ftz to play CS with him?
Definitely no.

So you may ask, what's the point in a LDR if we can't date or do all those couply things?

Well. I found out that there is more to a relationship than the courting phase.

As for Sam and I, we kinda compressed that whole thing into the week before I left for Melbourne. However, the whole getting-to-know-each-other thing had already been carried out online since November.

People have asked me, what on EARTH do we talk about from dinnertime to 7 am in the morning? Er, I don't really know. Is there supposed to be a standard agenda when we conduct our nightly chats?

But yes, over time I had fallen for this skinny geek with the sexiest piece of asslessness I have ever seen (cue: barf from audience) and yes, I am 100% happy that he is my boyfriend now.

As for the standard problems that come with a LDR, I guess those can be overcome if both parties work at it.

Insecurity?
Errrrrrrr, I have no doubts that my boy will stay faithful to me. Call me stupid, but I trust him fully and have no problems sleeping at night. :D

And he said, though rather unhappily, that I can flirt with any guy I want if it makes me happy. I don't feel guilty, as long as he knows I only love him, hehe. I DON'T FLIRT btw.

Being unable to see each other?
HA. Problem wiped out since the webcam was invented.
Hi baby. Eat my internet quota, I don't care. :D

Also, my boy has spent tons of money on phonecalls to me that I really feel very guilty especially since Skype is free. -_- Wtf I'm such a bitch. But everytime I know he's calling I can't help but pick up T________________T

Won't pick up your calls already la baby.

Hugs and kisses?
Ha. We just have to be content with the few memories we have and look forward to JULYYYYY.


Nomnom. I wanna chew him right now. ):

So anyway, this post is to commemorate the 2-month anniversary of our somewhat conventional relationship and surviving almost the whole of those 2 months 7000km apart.

We met each other on Garena near the end of last year.
He thought I was a guy and I thought he was a girl. Fine and dandy.

A mutual friend acquaintance, Bryan, told Sam that I was a girl when we were playing together on the now defunct CS zombie server.

We started chatting online regularly while playing until daybreak, every day. (He just graduated and I was fresh out of college.)

The sms relationship started one early morning around 4 am, where Sam, being the charming boy he is, texted me, telling me that he was hunched over a toilet bowl in a club puking his guts out.

Yea, attractive right.

He should've known that I'd already put him on my hit list when I didn't blow my top at him for messaging me randomly at 4 freaking am. I found it rather amusing instead.

The verbal relationship eventually resulted in our first meeting on the 7th of December.

Jk picked both of us up and we had dinner at the mamak store outside my house. Which I paid for. HA. I'm such a gentlewoman.
After that we went to Ftz to play CS and DotA. This was also the first time met Henry :D


Sam got sick in the car, or so Jk and I THOUGHT.

I knew he was prone to throwing up (again, so attractive O_O) and I thought he got carsick.
But just a few weeks ago he told me that what really happened was that he was just dying to pee.

Oh well.
Inconsequential errors.

The night ended with my first gift from my future (I didn't know it then!) boyfriend - my very first set of gaming headphones. Hi fishy :D



Sorry don't have a better pic at the moment.

Without sleeping that night, I flew straight to Australia the next morning for my sister's graduation. And I DID miss the carsick/needtopee Mona for those 3 weeks I was away.

x_x

Well. I ended up asking him out a few times at the end of January and early February just cause, well, you won't know what you've missed if you never tried it, right?

And from the 'few times' mentioned above, it's obvious that I really enjoyed his company. :D

Of course, neither of us dared to admit it. -_-

We spent Valentine's Day watching Slumdog Millionnaire and eating KFC with Henry. The night ended with me getting pissedface drunk at Cocobanana and chewing his whole head off on the dancefloor (yes, embarassing yet precious memory.) Believe them when they say alcohol gives you temporary courage boosts. (Or boosts of recklessness, whichever you may prefer to see it as.)

We went home and I spent the first couple of hours passed out on my bed before waking up to pee. Sam, who was next door making sure drunken Henry didn't do anything stupid, heard me (sweet. He heard me peeing.) and texted me to ask if I was ok and could he come over to my room for a while?

I said ok. And that's when I spent god knows how long perched on my computer chair playing freecell and minesweeper while trying to pretend nothing just happened earlier.

My mind was so clear by then (my body processes alcohol fast) I could already finish Minesweeper on expert with no difficulties.

To cut a long story short, I continued to act like nothing happened and eventually fell asleep while HE perched on the computer chair and watched me sleep.

24 hours later, he finally got the guts to ask me to be his girlfriend. I guess he interpreted me headbutting his spectacles off and making him drag me to the toilet to throw up as an encouraging sign that he would not be rejected this time.

And he was right.

I had fallen for him in a big way and he knew it. And vice versa. He giggles like a girl and I swear like a boy so it was perfect.

Some of you may be skeptical to find that he asked me to be his after a very drunken night out, but it wasn't like that. That night was just a result of months of slowly falling for each other and a healthy (ok maybe not) dose of alcohol. On my part. He barely drank, thanks to me. -_-

But yes, I care for him a lot and I know he does too. (Care for me, not him.) So I guess that's all it takes for a long-distance relationship to work.

I love him. He loves me.

Yay. :D

My sister was lucky, she studied in the same college as bf #1, lived together with bf #2 and now lives a 2-minute walk away from bf #3.

): I live an 8 hour flight away from mine.

But I might as well be sitting right next to him every night with my webcam and skype on. I am now hearing him doing his girly giggle as he watches the same video of a pig getting his balls caught on barbed wire for the 3928468235th time. (Watching the video, not the pig getting its balls caught.)

You should watch it. It's the kind of guy humour that I can appreciate. (Though I feel extremely cruel and sadistic laughing at a poor pig's misfortune.)

Sigh. I miss my baby. Gonna pounce on him and kiss him at the airport right after I give mommy a big big hug. :D Yes, my mom is such a good sport. I kissed him goodbye at the airport the night I left for Melbourne and she pretended she didn't see a thing.

Yay for mommy. :) Don't know if she saw our cao mei though. HAHA. Wonder what she has to say about that.

Rarrrrr. I miss you so much Sammy. Good job making it through these 2 months! Hi 5, bitch! :D

No comments: