Saturday, April 11, 2009

iSuck!

Today I did one of the silliest things I have done in a long while.
This morning afternoon, I woke up with an impulse to CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN (wow looks like I have potential to be a good housewife after all) so I cleaned my laptop screen, my keyboard, put clothes in the washing machine, vacuumed the rooms, changed the sheets, tranferred the clothes t the dryer, vacuumed my bedsheet (too lazy to change HAHA.)

After all this, I was very irritated to find that 30 minutes after cleaning my keyboard, there was DUST again.

ARGH.

I had just finished cleaning up my table, and I noticed that there were crumbs on it. Being too lazy to wipe, I whipped the head off the vacuum cleaner and started sucking up the potato chip bits like how I sucked up 100s of ants that day.

Suddenly, a brilliant idea struck me!

Why not vacuum my keyboard?

I know hardware shops sell cans of compressed air to blow the dust out of the keyboard and various nooks and crannies in your hardware, but then you'd still have to clean up the dirt that falls out at the end.

With the vacuum cleaner (with its flat head off) I could just suck out all the dirt and dust and that's it, end of story!

Gleefully, I waved the sucking machine about an inch over the keyboard, marvelling as the bits of dust flew into the tube without resistance, like a human floating up and into a summoning alien spaceship.


Okay.
Anyway, I was just congratulating myself over my ingenious idea when a loud POP startled me out of my reverie.

Fuckfuckfuckfuck!

A glowing blue cavity stared at me where my 'End' key used to be.
It glared, like a disembodied soul would at the person who ripped it from it's physical being.

Shit.

Kicking the 'off' button on the vacuum cleaner I got on my knees and started patting the machine all over to find out how to open it.

Finally, I gave the tube's head a sharp twist and it came off.
I flipped the cover open and stared into a gaping hole - the hole of the vacuum bag introducing me to its inhabitants: dust, hair, crumbs and dead ants.

And somewhere in its belly, part of my precious birthday present from my boyfriend.

@#&^@$

With that thought propelling me and overcoming my disgust, I took the bag out to the balcony (don't worry, Den) and started poking into the forbidding hole, prodding around for a hard objects, hoping that vengeful ants who somehow managed to survive to weeks in an oxygen-deprived environment wouldn't rear up and attack their captor with their formidable mandibles.

Realising it wouldn't do me any good poking around blindly, I started grabbing the bag and feeling it around thoroughly like a horny Achmed and his 70 beautiful (FEMALE) virgins.

Eureka! My fingers pinched something hard and angular.
Without hesitation, I plunged a pair of fingers into the opening directly at the spot where I felt the object.

Angels sang and rainbows appeared as I held up my prize - an 'End' key, wrapped in hair and covered in dust and god knows what else.

Shit. It looked like it had been in there for YEARS, not mere minutes.
It was wrapped around thoroughly with hair and had dust in its every cavity. It took me a while to free it of its bondages and I rushed it to the bathroom where I revived the dying victim with cold water and tender loving care.

T__________T

Patting the key dry with tissue, I pressed it into its rightful place in the keyboard. 'End' looked like it had been there all the while and not, instead, been through such a terrifying and traumatic ordeal.

Staring at my wholesome keyboard, I debated whether to tell my boyfriend about the incident or not.

Would he find it amusing?
Or would he be horrified at what I put his expensive present through?

I told him and he laughed. :)
That's a winner for you, folks!

By the way I don't think I've shown you guys pics of my Lycosa yet, so here you go. ^_^ Took them ages ago but had no reason to post them up, until now!

Accidents are powerful catalysts, indeed.

Sexy backlit beast. *purr*


Razer logo on the multimedia touchscreen. :)
You can control your media player from here, no need to open it and change songs/volume or play/pause manually. ^_^
You can also turn the backlight on/off/WASD gaming cluster.



WASD gaming cluster. :) Cool, huh?

Doncha wish your boyfriend was awesome like mine?
:P

No comments: