Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Possible OCD?

As a few you been told, or god forbid, NOTICED, I pierced my ears two Fridays over.

I didn't hurt much (it was kinda fun, actually.)

It was all well, until today.
Today, for lord knows what reason, I couldn't stop picking at them.

I was like,

'OMG I have to get them off me. NOW!'

I don't even know why. -_-

So there I was, watching the Simpsons and pulling at my earrings which simply REFUSED to come out.

I tugged and I tugged until the skin of my index fingers and thumbs got scraped off.
I drenched my ears (and school uniform, unfortunately) in water hoping to lubricate the stupid needles.
I put ice on the inner part of the earring, hoping to shrink it, but alas, it simply melted in my hands.

I was on the edge of crying when my mom came home.

'Mommy, help me!'

I cried in desperation.

So she tugged and tugged, but only succeeding in making me go 'OWWWWWWWWW!!!!!'
Really, really loudly.

Nothing seemed to work, so I sat and sulked for a good 20 minutes.



...My skin was crawling, I needed them out, and FAST.



I grabbed my compact mirror and checked out what was stopping them from coming off - the ridges at the end were HUGE.

I glanced hopefully at the nail file attached to the nail clipper, grabbed it and started to file the ridges down, occasionally stabbing myself behind the ear.

But I persevered, for the voice within me screamed for me to get the nasty pieces of gold off.

To no avail.

They remained stuck!

Having failed, I wandered over in fatigue to where my Linkin Park card sat on the whiteboard, and doodled aimlessly hoping to distract myself from the nagging voice in my head.

"LINKIN PARK RETURNS"

I scribbled next to where the card lay.

Suddenly, my mom came and said:

"Let me try again."

So I let her.

And this time, THEY POPPED STRAIGHT OUT!
With hardly any effort!


The nagging voice within finally ceased, but not before uttering a simple phrase:

'Linkin Park saves lives!'

True story.

Don't give me your -.-' face now, I'll show you my raw fingers tomorrow! I shall!

***

So this is what an ear looks like after its been stabbed, having the weapon in question left in the wound for 10 days, and finally ripped out forcefully by the victim's mother.

So gross!
And bloody!

I thought human flesh (at least mine) heals pretty fast, but this look like its just had its gold studs shoved into it. Can see my flesh if I look really carefully! (And tug on my lobe a bit)

Sorry, it's not very clear, but my hands were all shaky, what with the raw patches and all.

My new earring that Ivy ci-ci bought for me. Gorgeous, n'est ce pas?
It's a dog, by the way.

The matching (erm, NOT) counterpart, looks so cool. Like a gypsy earring! (Though I'm just guessing, since I have no idea what gypsies wear.)

I'd wear it to school, but I think they won't tolerate mismatching earrings (stinky conservative beings!)

I checked the rulebook and it states that we are not allowed to wear earrings any bigger than 0.5 cm.

My earrings were so pretty I decided to check anyway.

Excitedly, I ran to the mirror with a ruler to measure the earring.

...

It was 2 cm long.

-.-

That shows how much my estimation sucks.

...It's a wonder I manage to draw ANY pictures in proportion at all.


Song of the Day:

"Numb - Linkin Park"

A song Yi Ling totally murdered today. =_=''

No comments: