Thursday, July 26, 2007

Screwed up

...sense of priorities!

Yesterday Jun asked me and B to go cc and DotA after school.
Without hesitation I was like YESYESYES!

B was like...I'm not sure...got tuition...trials in 2 weeks...
And being the thuoghtless being that I am, I harassed her until I'm pretty sure she wanted to strangle me.

I came to my senses 2 hours later - as if mom's actually going to let me go DotA on such short notice AND without studying at all - and stopped bugging her.

But but but...I really wanna play!

I don't know what's wrong with me. Exams are in less than 2 weeks, and I haven't really studied yet.

'Tomorrow' seems to be my best friend.

I realise that trials are important because say, if I get run over during SPM or something, I can use my trial results to apply to college.

And I realise SPM is supposedly important for OUR FUTURE.
NO SPM NO FUTURE.

Or so they say.
People have been asking me:

"SPM, scared or not?"
"Scared for what?"
"For your future la!"
"Er, not really..."
"..."

Everywhere, people are already studying like SPM's tomorrow, but I'm still unfazed.
And I have stopped thinking that this is a good thing.

Maybe I should've gone for that motivational course after all.
I think it's motivation I lack.

FAQs (f-ack!)

Why do I want to score straight As?
Because people want me to.

I'm not really interested.

Why are straight As so important?
Because I need good results to apply to college.

Art courses only require 3 credits (Cs) including English. I think that's a done deal, please you forgive my cockiness.

Why does mom want me to get straight As?
So that I can show off to the world that I am, indeed a smart person.

But I don't want to. If I have to study THAT hard, it proves I'm not smart at all, am I? And what do SPM results mean to me? Nothing much. It's after all, just a sheet of paper that proves I've gotten past the ridiculous (and suspiciously biased) education system.

Studying versus Lazing around

Winner: Lazing around! Duh!

Studying versus Playing DotA

Winner: DotA! Duh!

Studying versus Rereading old storybooks that I've read more than 10 times already

Winner: Reading! Duh!

Ok ok fineeeeeeeeee...I have to buck up if I want to do well. (If only to strike a blow against those evil money-making tuition centers!)

(Try and) Motivate me, anyone?


Song of the Day:

"Motivation - Sum 41"

MCR concert, Dec 9. Anyone up for it? =D

1 comment:

Khaielaash/Fr3@K said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!
MCR!
MCR!!!

Whee!!!

We'll carry on...
I don't love you like I did yesterday...

They said you Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me...

I LUV MCR!

But only a few songs.
Will give me the chance to see and hear their other ones, though I know I can downlaod or borrow your copy. Lol.

CAMERA'S HERE!