Friday, December 07, 2007

Whooooooosh!

Yesterday, B, Daniel, Panda and Amber took Fish skating for the first time.
=x

Okla, it was Panda's first time as well and Fish did better than him I must say.
If you can ignore the fact that she fell down not 6 feet from the entrance.

=P

As usual, the lady manning the skate counter had a good laugh at my shoe size.
._.''

But it's ok, I'm pretty much used to it.
To most people, girls cannot have feet above a size 7...because it's unladylike?
Who knows?

Nevermind the fact that I was only one shoe size bigger than Daniel, and I was maybe 2-3 inches taller than him ok. = =

Say, a 5 foot 5 guy with size 8 feet would not be treated all funny.
But when I walk up to the counter - all 5 foot 8 of me - and ask for size 9 shoes, they all go YOU SURE MEH? SERIOUS AH? o_O''

My gosh la, service in Malaysia sucks.
If this were America, they'd probably just hand over the shoes with nothing more than a smile.
If this were America, I'd have sued them for...I dunno, injury to my ego? Haha, anything works.

Anyhow, when I first got onto the ice, I couldn't move.
-.-

I was freaked out about the loss of friction.
The ice was super dry and smooth when we entered - it was about 10.30 am and not more than 20 people were on the rink.

So I just stood there and whined.

"I can't do it! I can't move! Hahahahaha!"

Abigail was like:

"C'mon!"

Then she grabbed my hands and towed me around the rink.
OMG LA!
She skated so fast that I got even more freaked out.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! Lemme skate by myself!"

Then suddenly I could skate by myself already.
= =''

Fear can be a good motivation.
Which is the philosophy I applied to Fish's training.
I brought her to the middle of the rink and left her stranded there.

Muahhaha!

Er, no la.
Abi and I stayed with her, lest she scream bloody murder and have the rink guard's drag her off the ice. =x

I tell you ah, this Fish so dao mei I tell you. (Unlucky.)
I was skating with her, and the only time I tried skating backwards with her following - she stumbles and crashes down on me.

Swt.
My whole butt was wet.

...

Then later, she SOMEHOW managed to fall down while standing upright.
She wasn't even MOVING!

Worse, I was skating towards her quite quickly - I was maybe about 5 feet away when she fell and put her head right into the line of fire.

Zzz, so of course I had to make an emergency brake.
Which failed miserably - I slowed down enough but the speed would still rip her hair off her head - so I did what noobs do the brake completely.

I sat down on the ice.

LOL!

I'm telling you, your butt has more friction than you think.
So once again, I 'fell' because of the unlucky Fish.
Well, better then decapitating/ripping the skin off her face by her hair ala carnival rides gone horribly wrong - then being charged with manslaughter (fishslaughter?)

Blah!
And I can't tell you how many people grabbed on to me for support that day.
Do I look like a lampost to you? = =

Seriously, some guys just skate past, go AHH~, and then grab on the my arm/shoulder/stomach (WTF) and go sorry! Sorry!

After a while I got so fed up of it, whenever someone reached out to grab hold of me, I grabbed them first, steadied them and sped off before they can apologise. -.-''

And there was this guy in a pink-collared shirt who skidded and rammed into me - he fell, I didn't. I was like WOOT MY SENSE OF BALANCE ROCKS!

Then later, he did it again.
I was semi-annoyed/amused and went AIYO YOU AGAIN?

Lol, you shoulda seen his embarassed face as he picked himself up and skated off.
*shakes head*
Little kids.

Anyway, poor Panda still couldn't skate at the end of the day - he somewhat gave up hope after falling repeatedly on his arm and injured his wrist. I saw it, it was all red and slightly swollen. T.T

Anyway, I was being silly and was trying all sorts of tricks Abi showed me.
And I fell almost every single time.
Haha, after a while, the guards stopped trying to pick me up.
Cause I'd just fall down immediately after, and besides, I could pick myself up perfectly fine.

Well, at least I tried right?
And my pants were already all wet thanks to Fishy ._.
So nothing to lose la.

Except when I took a shower yesterday and discovered that my left kneecap was completely purple and yellow.

=.=''

But it was fun!
I wanna go again!
Early in the morning where there are very few people and the ice is actually solid - not slushy and gross.

Plus! The couply lovebirds seem to arrive after lunch.
Meaning no double collisions.

= =

I went back into the rink once, to fetch Amber for Fish.
We were just standing there talking, when this couple skating super fast came towards us.

"Oh crap."

They rammed right into us - a 2 on 2 collision.
Miraculously, none of us fell.
We jsut kinda grabbed on to each other and drifted to a stop.
Thank god, the guy was HUGE.
If he fell on me, I'd die.
No question.

Lol.
That kinda reminded me about The Principle of Conservation of Momentum.
=x
Physics head.

Anyway, I fell down more than 10 times.

The first time I skated, I fell 2 times.
The second time I skated, I fell 6 times.
And now, 10 times!

Do you sense a pattern here?
Next time I skate I'll probably fall a couple dozen times.
^^
Falling is good, that means you're actually trying some new tricks!
=P Unless you're a natural klutz, that is.

Final report:

Fish could skate by herself at the end of the day, albeit wobbling constantly.

*Borat*

Great success!


Thank God she could la.
Everyone had to hold her hand at some point - Me, B, Ber, Daniel.

I asked one of my friends to come, and he said that he couldn't skate.
I told him to wall-cling and slowly he'll get the hang of it.

"No la! You hold my hand and teach me then can! =P"
"Fine~ Don't come then."
"Hahahaha..."

See? If I knew I was gonna have drag someone around the rink with me, might as well call a guy right? XD

Ahahah, I wanna go again!
It's so fun!

Still can't believe we skated from 10.30 to 3 something (with food breaks in between.)
My thighs, butt, and neck are killing me, whereas my calves, knees and left elbow are bruised.
._.'' Worth it?

Yeah!

***

Btw, Fish is so cute!

"Steph! Why cannot lock the locker one?"
"Did you put in the token?"
"No...then how am I going to unlock it?"
"You have to put in the token before you can lock la..."
"But Amber said the token is to unlock the locker..."
"...Then, tell me what the key is for.''
"Eh? Oh...OHYAHOR!"
"..."

*_*'''

With friends like that, how can you not want to go out with them again?
=P

Sorry bout the disc btw, Sui.
x.x I woke up late.
(And still arrived first, lol)


Song of the Day:

"Cupid's Chokehold - Gym Class Heroes"

They were playing this at the rink.
I think I looked a tad crazy gliding around with my skates 4 feet apart and singing this song. Lol.

3 comments:

Nichelle Tan said...

sob sob.. i'm the unlucky fish..T.T

u oni wan2 go out wit me again coz i'm blur case... so sad!!!! =p

haha, nx time u still muz hold my hands when skating!
too bad i'm not a guy. hehe.

Nichelle Tan said...

and omg.. u fell more times than i did!!!
hehe, vy happy. =D

snowbunnie said...

I fell more because I skated more.
Pwned. =x