Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Hello from Oz!

I'm sure no one really misses me yet (T_T) but hello anyway!

Today is my 3rd day in Brisbane and I'm using my cousin's 8-inch laptop - German, so the keys are all in different places and I actually have to look at the keyboard as I type.

Anyway, I plan to put on 1 kg a week while I'm here. GOOD FOOD YUMYUM!

Besides, I've jsut discovered the joy of lamingtons - I used to see them at delis at home but the people who work there had no idea what they were and I didn't really have the interest to try something as ominous looking as a lemon lamington - bright yellow, jelly-like and covered in coconut flakes.

However I discovered that it's just a sponge cake with a thin layer of icing and the coconut flakes really give it that extra kick - MUST TRY! Although I have no idea if it's any good at all back home. -_-

I tied my first cherry-stem knot with my lips and tongue yesterday!
WOWO! Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty simple. :D

Today, I attempted climbing a tree for the first time and er, descended rather aburptly.
No matter, it was only 6 feet in the air and all I got were scrapes on my arms and knees and a short gash across the top of my foot. D:

Ahhhhh I really love being here. Weather is awesome, not to mention the huge selection of junk food and just food in general...fresh fruits and the scenery. MMMMMMM.

It'll be a repeat of the last time I came to Oz - NEVER WANNA GO HOME!
AHAHAHA!

Miraculously, I don't even miss DotA or CS - YET!

I don't know if ths is because I had a really fun gaming session the night before I left, or if it's because the notion of lying on my back reading a book on a trampoline under a tree in the garden appeals more to me then the ergonomic stress that comes from gaming.

Though I got mosquito bites aplenty from doing that. -_-
Yes, there are mosquitos in Brisbane, which I didn't expect - but really should have, seeing it's summer and all. It's just that the last two times I was in Melbourne, there were absolutely no bugs at ALL. NO ANTS HOHOHO!

Tomorrow we're off to Wet 'n' Wild - a wet park something like Sunway Lagoon, only BETTER!
Imagine, bikini in 20-26 degrees, in the water too!

COLD! T_____T
I don't really like the cold. ):

My 2nd cousin's house is awesome. Didn't really like the shoes-on concept for downstairs initially, but I may consider being an illegal immigrant and staying here forever if I could.

Not that anyone'd miss me much back home anyway. Except mom, maybe. And if I'm lucky, my dogs...?

Now the idea of staying in Melbourne is even more attractive than before.
Sigh.

There's really nothing left back for me in Malaysia.
Perhaps, again, mom and dogs.

But apart from that, there's really nothing holding me back.
No particularly fond memories, no attachment to local food and culture, no boyfriend, no, nothing really.

It just seems so easy to be a traitor to my country and run off here and disown my tanah air.
Sure, there are a few (very few) people begging me not to leave, to stay - 'what's WRONG with local education?'

WELL, I thought that after 11 years of local ed, they'd know EXACTLY what's wrong with it. -_-

I was wrong to be hesistant about leaving Malaysia.
Well, I don't miss it yet, and if history repeats itself, I still won't miss it after 3 weeks.
The last time I came to Aussie, I didn't want to leave at all.

Maybe that's why I refuse to attach to many people back 'home' - it's almost as if I'm disallowing myself from growing roots to hold me back from coming here.

People still ask me why I don't keep in touch with friends, why am I not dating boy seriously.
Just that it'd be such a shame to leave them behind when I go - I can't expect them to be so obliging as to follow me wherever I choose to go.

I can't wait to put on some weight here.
Tan myself and grow my hair out.
Looking different - baby steps to feeling different.

I love how they leave gates wide open here - it feels so safe and peaceful.
Possums in the backyard while we're having a barbecue.
Flower-laden tree branches just brushing you window - with no threat of monkeys breaking and entering your property.

Gorgeous.

Of course, no one can completely leave their history behind.
It seems that Tung Herr has also applied AND has been accepted (that bitch!) into RMIT as well and has already requested that I book the same flight to Melbourne so that he won't be stranded all alone in this strange country.

Luckily I have my sister. Two reasons:

1. I won't be alone here.
2. I was able to refuse himm directly WITH a valid reason when he asked me to go apartment-hunting together. *shudder*

Apparently, Julian has also applied for RMIT.
Well, at least this is a piece of my past that I actually like.

It'd be even better if Viv, Ling and JL came too.
But I guess they won't be coming. D:

Most of my DotA/CS friends don't want me to go because that's what I am to them as well - another gaming kaki. Hell, I'd miss them too, but not for long. I'm sure I'll find new gamers here what with the Msian and Aussie connection being incompatible and they'll forget me soon enough.

Oh, one of the things that amused me is Mona's apparently hate for Melbourne.
Apparently, it stole the girl he loved away when SHE went to uni and if he has anything to do with that city now, it'd be to fly in, shit on the ground and fly straight back to Malaysia. (His words! I'm not that unimaginative, nyahahaha)

And I don't think my leaving is making it much better by the way it seems to be dredging up awful memories for him. TOO BAD! I said. Ahahaha.

I'd also stay to study another year with Viv, if it weren't for the time and money wasted - that will always be the case in life. Take the fastest and cheapest way out.

Besides that, I don't think anyone has really asked me to stay, just that they'd miss me when I'm gone. And even so, I detect a hint of insincerity in those words. Maybe they can convince themselves they WOULD miss me, but I know better.

Would'nt it be funny that after all these thoughts, that my application be rejected and I'd have to stay in Malaysia indefinitely after all?

Ha. Ha. Ha.

1 comment:

YL said...

me wants go aussie also
=(

actually i dont mind anywhere as long as it's far away from malaysia

=p