Friday, December 12, 2008

Movie World

Today we went to Movie World.
(I think the title pretty much makes the point of this post clear.)

Anyway...ROLLER COASTERS!
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

The first roller coaster I remember riding when I was a kid was Sunway's Runaway Train at the tender age of 7.

I don't remember being terrified, but I never rode a roller coaster again since then.
It took me 2 visits to Times Square's Cosmo's World to even work up the guts to sit the roller coaster there.

-_-

I'm not exactly a thrillseeker, as you can see.

The first time I sat that, I sat it with my eyes tightly shut - not that I could see anything with them open anyway; I had no contacts back then - and my hands clutching the handle and my friend's hand respectively.

Never uttered a sound throughout the whole experience.
It was a terrifying couple of minutes that filled my ears with the screams of strangers and occasional whirls of colours as I dared a squint every now and then.

Oh, how I have progressed!

Today was AWESOME!

Rode the 6 main coasters of Movie World by 4pm, when it started to rain. Talk about good timing!

I felt a bit uncomfortable when I saw the Superman coaster - a near vertical forward drop at roughly a hundred meters above the ground. Furthermore, it propels you from 0 to a hundred km per hour in a mere 2 seconds.

But I was determined to not chicken out and sit EVERY major coaster thez had a movie world.

I think Disneyland nearly ridded me of my roller-coaster phobia completely. The whole place was so happy and fantasy-like that you COULDN'T get scared if you wanted to - and the riders weren't very extreme anyway.

So yea, I went for the Superman ride, screamed, laughed, survived and bought a T-shirt to boot.
Yay.

Felt so GOOD and INVINCIBLE after that.
AHAHHA. Solame.

But I wasn't scared at ALL during the ride. It was just FUNFUNFUN!

I took me a while to work up the nerve to ride Lethal Weapon.
That shit LOOKED so intimidating - like an enormous grey skeleton twisting into the sky.
Wowo.

Furthermore, the ride leaves your legs dangling and you spend half of it twisting and turning and generally being in a topsy-turvy state.

If you know well enough, you'd know that I don't like:

1. Heights
2. Emptiness below my feet
3. Being upside down

So I found it GREAT that I wasn't scared at ALL!
I walked away slightly disoriented but otherwise unaffected (my head got banged up pretty good during those midair twists.)

But perhaps I have to thank the guy behind me.
He made me laugh throughout the ENTIRE RIDE.

Dude was wailing and screaming like a baby terrified for his life.
AHAHAH!

AHHH! AHHH! AHHHHHHHHHH! AH AH AH AH AHHHH!

Walaowei. I was screaming initially but I soon dissolved into laughter and laughed my way through the ride. -_-

Amazing.

I am now ready for more extreme rides!

YEAAA Bring it on! Ö

No comments: