Friday, February 27, 2009

First Piece of Artwork

The first piece of art was done in my Production Skills class.
The lecturer was Vanessa and she is the most chiong hei lecturer I've met so far.

LET'S DO INTRODUCTIONS!
I'll begin with myself...

[cue 30 minute long speech about her oldest boy, younger boy, daughter, siberian huskies, turtles and egg-laying discuses]

I slowly nodded off.

Anyway, our whole class was pretty excited to be playing around with charcoal!
WHEE.
Apart from the irritating, hair-raising, gag-inducing screech of the charcoal across paper...it was pretty fun! :D

After giving us 5 minutes to play around and do whatever we wanted with the charcoal, we had to draw......paper.

O_O

It was kinda cool. She made us hold up a piece of paper.

"What do you see?"
"Er, white?"

She asked us to look again properly.
Then she made us crush the paper.
Most of us went O_O whaaaaaaat? Crush a perfectly good piece of paper? T_T

But we did it, and she made us draw it.

Omfg. Have you tried drawing a piece of crumpled paper with an unfamiliar medium (charcoal in my case)?

The results turned out something like this:


LOL ARGH. Anyway I don't know why the picture is oriented this way. I was the right way up when I uploaded it. Tried to rectify it 3 times and got lazy. You just have to turn your heads. (:

The teacher didn't allow us to shade it, outlines only she said. o_O
Only on the second one, (she made us rotate our model) she asked to attempt shading.

As you all know, I hate shading with a passion. @*#^@*&^#
It turned out something like this:


Note that the model was carried back and squished in my backpack for 4 or 5 streets, bounced around and tossed to the ground before I remembered it was there and took it out to photograph it so pardon me if it looks slightly different. ^^"

(I took it from this camera angle cause it looks better. LOL. I don't want to enhance my tragic shading. THEY HAVEN'T TAUGHT US HOW TO YET! Hentam saja lollll.)

So yeaaaaaa, there's my first piece of artwork at RMIT.
Not too impressive but not thaaaaaaaat disappointing either. :/

Lol. Anyway whoever was wondering about the 'mushy' in the bf's first blog post yesterday...


That's the one I gave to him!
Better stop taking screenshots without telling him. AHAHA. Later he won't webcam me edi. ):

Cute mushy? :D

No comments: