Sunday, February 22, 2009

Meowww Burn

Hi. I'm 3 hours away from home...in my second home.
:D

This is my 4th time (I think so) in Melbourne and I still love it as much as ever.
Orientation is tomorrow and my classes will probably commence on Tuesday, unless my batch (those with surnames at the end of the alphabet) has briefing on that day instead.

I'm just feeling slightly apprehensive about tomorrow - first day at uni.
Nothing new, I always feel this way when I start at a new place. I hope I get along with my coursemates just fine and not be overshadowed by those pure artsy fartsy types. O_O

But it should be fine.
Look at me, the science and art hybrid geek.
I get along perfectly well with Ling, right? XD

Anyway, sis is walking me to uni tomorrow in case I get lost (highly probable.)

Life here is great - been stuffing myself with food. I feel hungry almost every hour and the weather seems to be made for me - warm in the sun, cool in the shade, chilly in the breeze.
(Though the weather forecast predicts hotter days next week. Boo.)

I'm currently staying with Den at this fantastic apartment a few minutes walk from my uni and tons of food outlets. HOHOHO. FAT STEPH IMPENDING.

My room is freaking awesomeeeee. For months, I had this niggling bother in the back of my mind that I'd be cooped up in some pidgeon hole - an 8x8 box with no windows and a dim yellow bulb dangling from the ceiling.

Look what I got instead:


Chris' old bed and comforter that he left behind.
My toys already make me feel so at home - Sheepy (from Mona,) Mushy (from Vivi) and Sylvester (I bought it for myself.) The view out my window is a relatively quiet street with a row of carparks and a church with stained glass windows. If you leave the window open at night, it's like a natural aircond. :)



My closet.
My huge red luggage bag is on the top rack (the handle of which broke on its virgin trip overseas.)
Underwear, towels, pajamas, socks and extra bedlinen on the rack, legwear on the ground, random junk in the corner and all other clothes hanging. :)

I didn't even realise how boring my wardrobe was until I had my life basically packed into a big red suitcase. 50% black 35% white and 15% fiery colours. -_-

Like my plushy pink bathrobe? It's just as soft as it looks! :D
(Or softer than it looks, if it looks hard to you.) That's my prom dress hanging next to it - it's so long it's sweeping the floor. ):


Ha. My awesome room from another angle.
Thanks Den for the double bed and her cozy Ikea lamp. My room feels so nice that I didn't want to wake up this morning. XD And that's Chris' reading lamp on at the left side of the picture - yet another item left behind to make my life even more comfy.

Lying on the bed is my very own version of Boyfriend Pajamas.
AHAHA. [insert smugness here] Den and I were amused when we saw shirts like these at Cotton On (Aussie pajama and underwear shop we both like :D) selling as 'boyfriend shirts.'

MEHAHAHHA I have my own now!
You can call it ugly if you want, but it's so comfortable that I'll let you call it whatever you want while I lounge around in soft linen bliss not really listening. (The shorts are mine. No, I didn't get round to hijacking his boxers. Yet. He offered, though.)

Got another 3 tees of his but this is my favourite - he used to webby me wearing this while chewing a toothpick (out of habit), looking for all the world like your basic kampung boy. We call it the farmer shirt.

Anyway, Den and I shared a very sisterly moment today in Nando's.

"So, he's trying to kao you one ar? I heard mom saying."
"Already la."
"Oh? You said yes already?"
"Yesterday. Mom likes him."
"Mine also, we have good taste!"
"Good lar. :D"
"HIGH FIVE!"

*piak*

So Den got her doctor who knows the Heimlich (and calls it Helm-Lich) on the 21st of Feb and I got my kampung boy who steals and fries me bacon* (and tells me a week later that he almost ate it cause it smelled too good) on the 16th of Feb.

*He stole the bacon and THEN fried it for me. He doesn't steal steal. Sorry for the confusion. My english has deteriorated, I know.

Perfect. Buahahaha.

Double happiness for mommy?


Or twice the stress?



...Or twice the fun? -_-

Mom already gave me this application form and my bitch (yes that's what I call him and probably what I'll use to refer to him from now on) blanched.

"Please allow 4-6 years for processing?"

Then he just crumbled into laughter. o.O''
*pats my little farmer boy*

So anyway, ironically I'm actually consenting to do this LDR thing - after having previously scoffed at the notion: "Pfft. Dump the boy better la, bring extra baggage overseas for?"

-_- A picture of me is proudly displayed next to the word 'sucker' in the dictionary.


That's my bitch. (:
I don't really mind being a sucker anymore. Heh. Heh. :P

No comments: