Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 3

Had Design Comm with Graeme again today, and yes, I fell asleep again.
It wasn't my bloody fault.

He was talking about time management AGAIN (he went on and on about it in his first class) and I dozed off as he was telling us about his part-time job as masseuse at night. -_- Irrelevant?

Been getting around class these few days, sussing out my classmates.
Ruled out Nicky and Vic who both smoke. I know Julian smoked too but at least he was courteous enough to walk/sit further away when he knew I didn't like it. (There's a gentleman for you XD)

Ruled out the rest of the boys - I hate guys who aren't courteous.
When he had to get out from class for an assignment, they all rushed and pushed their way into the lift first, laughing at all the stunned girls who were left behind and jammed the shut button in out faces.

What the fuck.
That's something I did not miss at all after leaving Malaysia - guys who aren't courteous.
That day I held the door for my classmates and all the guys just streamed in without a second glance, leaving me struggling with the heavy autoshutting door until another GIRL saw me and quickly held it for me to go in. =.=

Chivalry has all but died.

Thank god for my very own gentleman. :D
If you are reading this, take note: If you ever let a door slam in my face...ROAR!

So anyway, today I went for lunch with the other Malaysian girl - there are 2 Msian boys and 2 Msian girls including me in my class. Took a dislike to one of the boys after hearing him bragging about keying his teacher's cars and slashing their tyres.

WOW. WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT!
So brave, so daring, my hero. -_-
Childish, more like it.

His justification?

"Well, they pissed ME off first!" [smirk]

My teachers have pissed me off a hell lot of times, but I don't indulge myself in petty acts of revenge to feel more important or rebellious. -.- They aren't really worth my time and effort.

OKAY. Enough bitching.
Accept them all, Mona says. So. Well. I'll try. But you know, I'm picky. (Which should make you feel special :D)

Went to lunch with Amanda today.
I liked her from day 1, but never really got to talk to her cause I was hanging around with other people - sampling? Haha.

Well anyway, she's a nice girl.
Graeme gave us one hour to leave the class and hunt for materials for our first assignment, a montage.

Materials needed:

3 characters/letters/numbers
2 words
1 paragraph of text/sentence
1 photograph
1 dead leaf

Scavenger hunt! WHEE.
We stepped outside and picked up the first leaf we saw, leaving us with 1 hour of free time (it was a 2.5 hour class.)

Talked to Graeme and he said that our whole class would end up with the same leaves if we didn't bother walking out to look for different kinds. He suggested that we go to the park, so Amanda, Joy and I started walking in a random direction. (We forgot to ask where the park was. Ha. Ha.)

After walking in a straight line for 15 minutes and no park in sight, I discovered I was standing at Berkeley street, where mom, Den and I stayed last year. Which meant Melbourne U was nearby!

Amanda also pointed out, "hey! Melbourne U is somewhere here. I've never been there, I wanna go see!"

So I called Den and she directed us to her main campus. :D
I got lost WITHIN the campus (freaking HUGE) so I was a pretty lousy tourguide. All they managed to see was gorgeous buildings with vines creeping up the walls and a huge construction site next to the Genetics building.

We all stared at that building in awe. Being art foundation students, the idea of having an entire building dedicated to something as scientific and specific as GENETICS totally wowed us.

There was a Genetics Lane too. -_-

Anyway, I ditched my leaf and got a cute, tiny little leaf.
I'M GONNA HAVE PART OF MELBOURNE U IN MY ASSIGNMENT!

Whoa. Prestigious.

We hurried back to class and were almost late. (Freaking far wei, Melbourne U to my RMIT building.)

Nevermind that none of us had anything but the freaking leaf off our list.
I grabbed a stack of magazines from the front desk and tossed one each to Amanda and Joy, and got the rest of the stuff there. XD

I ripped out what I wanted in 5 minutes and packed it away to do over the weekend. :D
We're supposed to do 15 thumbnails of our ideas for the assignment - but I already know exactly what I want to do, so I'm gonna have to do the tedious task of bullshitting 14 other samples from my head.

-_-

It's primary school all over again, where I used to write the answers to my maths exam before doing the working. (Got the answers right but screwed up the working, leaving my teacher scratching her head in puzzlement.)

Overall, I'm pretty excited over my assignments so far - it's gonna be a busy weekend but I think I'm going to enjoy doing my work for once in my life.

I can't believe it! I'm looking forward to doing homework!

O_O

Wow. Never thought such a day would come. For now I'm going to get my 10 hours sleep and start work tomorrow. :D

ART FTW!
*happy*

No comments: