Saturday, August 29, 2009

Retail Therapy

Went shopping with Amanda and Jen on Friday after school, although I felt physically and emotionally exhausted. After all, isn't shopping the miracle female cure-all? (Although it's likely to be only temporary; effect reversed after checking your bank balance.)

Bought very un-Stephanie like clothes to wear back in Malaysia. Can't wear them now cause it's still cold out and the clothes are bloody thin/short.

Bought:

A casual plain black strapless cotton summer dress - $7.50

Description is deceiving. So long but the dress is plain nia.

A pair of shorts in a beautiful bluey-green with minimal magenta trim - $8

Most expensive but it fits me so well I couldn't help it. I'm still a US size 0 -_- Amanda wanted it and found it initially so I felt a bit bad running off with it gleefully but it wasn't her size anyway oh well.

2 thin cotton halter tops with lace trim at the bottom - 2 x $5 = $10

I started showing interest in halter/sleeveless tops once I discovered putting on weight hid most of my awful poky collarbones. I still look skinny but not emaciated anymore so whattheheck lots of Msians are skinny anyway so why can't I wear them also?

Bought one white one black and I love them, though I have no idea what to wear them with.

A silver and black hairband - $3

Don't normally wear elastic hairbands cause they normally give me headaches, but this was so pretty and cheap and $2.95 - yea fell for the 'didn't round up' marketing shit - and I could share it with Den anyway so it's worth it.

2 sets of bikini ties - 2 x $1 = $2

So pointless but so cute! They're actualy bikini ribbons that you add on to your bikini - 1 in the middle of the top and 1 for each side of the bottom. Decoration ma.

Then I totally forgot that my bikini bottom is the skirt type and so I couldn't tie them on anyway. =_= And also the top was too thick and the ribbon couldn't go round BLABLABLA abcde.

Tied them on Sheepy and Butt and they look adorable so whatever la. Can put on my new hairband also haha.

And.....

That brings the total amount of damage of to: $30.50

But I rounded up most of the prices so it's likely to be 29-something.

So much stuff for under $30! I damn pro wei. I calculated the shit without discount (also rounded up) and it totals $157

Got mom's jeans genes la. :)

A while back I also bought a beautiful off-white spring coat for $20 and knee-high faux leather boots for $40.

HAPPY STEPH! :D

Luckily I have Amanda who's willing to shop all the time and actually buys stuff instead of looking.

Shopping alone or with a relentless window-shopper = a bit sien after a while.

Yay for Amanda! Yay for shopping!
Bwahahaha.

No comments: