Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Anynoms...

Recently added an old friend who had a kid around 17. Doesn't seem to regret it is still happily together with her partner, now with a kindy kid in tow.

Gives me hope that lives aren't destroyed by having kids too young.

Enough with the shame and stigma of premarital sex.
Indian virgin brides are still being stoned to death for having a torn hymen on their wedding nights.

That just shows a defect in the whole system.

It's a personal choice, one that everyone should be free to make when they think that they are capable of rational decisions.

The more you forbid me, the more tempted I am. You're testing me.

Why must there be a fear that is ingrained so deeply that I can imagine my mom disowning me if I ever fell pregnant before marriage?

Why must this fear run so deeply when there are more important things than honour to hold a family up? What about love? Doesn't that account for anything?

Surely there must be a time when we can break free from the will of others and live life as we want to.

What does my ban on premarital sex entail?

What if I got married this year?

What if I never got married?

Virgin until death?

Huh? I don't understand it at all.

What if a woman finds true love at 45 and finally loses her virginity only then (not before) due to fear of her 80-year-old grandma's wrath - only to find she was infertile?

??? So many questions? Who's going to answer them for me?

Sex is not a crime. Sex based on love should is not something we have to be ashamed about.

Mom says, if he really loves you, he can wait. But what if YOU don't want to wait?

Teenagers are horny, so whatcha gonna do about it huh?

In any case, I still don't understand why people fear sex so much. Amanda still can't get over the fact that I can speak so freely about it; others wonder why I know so much.

That's because I'm interested. I read up on it because I believe that being well-informed is an asset and we should not dive headlong into things unprepared.

That said, I'm not a clueless teenager. Maybe people used to abstain because they wanted to make sure that the couple is married so the father has an obligation to support the upbringing of the child.

Now there's contraception.
There are more and more people with children born out of wedlock without having a big problem in their lives.

Don't misunderstand me, this is not my maternal instincts screaming for a kid - hell no I don't want a kid before I get a steady job. Nor is it my carnal instincts screaming for a fuck - if it was, I wouldn't even be here discussing it already.

I just want to know, why is sex such a taboo?

What is wrong with it? Is masturbation just as bad? I know so many people who do it, yet some people are still afraid of it, ashamed of it.

Is the problem here our lack of willpower and giving in to urges? Then wouldn't binge eating and anorexia be just as taboo?

No, it's just seen as a mental problem.

Why don't I just fuck my boyfriend and have you send me to a shrink for psychiatric evaluation?

Then I get pity and understanding nods AND my fucktimes.

I want my freedom of choice. I want to be free from the fear of being disowned.

:s Enlighten me.

p.s. Sammy, this does not mean you're getting lucky any time soon. I'm just musing. Mwah. xxx

No comments: