Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's a small small world

A few days ago, Suisui was tagged in a pic where some guy was confessing his love to her in DotA. I didn't really think much about it until I talked about it with her today and I realised the DotA guy's username - Tom|Kz - sounded so damned familiar. confused

And it turns out, it's some guy who used to know me when I first started DotA on Garena almost 3 years ago. Ex clanmate from [MoD.] eek

WALAO. Like that also can meh?

I don't remember him as a person or player, but I remember his name cause it was very cutesy for a guy. But he remembers me -.- Summore say I 'siaosiao' and like to use '._.' when I type.

Wtf I am so memorable! /perasan cool

Then he has to go spoil it all by insulting me and saying I'm damn noob. WHAT THE FUCK? What kind of moron insults a girl he has not seen in 3 years in front of her good friend - who incidentally is the girl he currently likes?

How dumb can you get? HAHAHA.

He said I called him noob first, not realising I was joking. How can I even judge a person as noob when I just said I don't even remember that person? mad Guna otaklah, alamakkk.

Anyway, it seemed that I had insulted his DotAhbeng dignity and he goes on to say that I was very noob and he beat me and Rick in one match.

This I find hard to believe, cause Rick was a fantastic, albeit selfish (only in games) player even 3 years ago. I mean, Viv - a tourney player - allowed him to go draft with her last time, and she had nothing bad to say about him at the time - she said he was not bad in fact. (Unlike Nick. Sorry to say, she was laughing/swt-ing too hard to comment. LOL tough luck man.)

And the fact that he can even remember this match after 3 bloody years when I can't even remember him just proved what a miracle it was that he won.

-______________- Who on earth recalls DotA matches from 3 years ago? I can't even remember how I played in last night's game.

Then ask me 1v1 summore ZOMG. SAI MM SAI AH? I'd gladly oblige if it weren't for the fact that we're on opposite ends of the globe (lag, duh) and the fact that 1v1 matches don't prove shit. DotA is a team game, not a bloody cockshow.

And then as we go on talking he alternates from insulting to humble to actcute to offended. His mannerisms switched as fast as my moodswing while I'm PMS-ing. I don't understand Ahbengs at all. neutral

Sorry la Sui, I tau he's your friend (summore he loves you OOOO mrgreen) but I don't know what to make of him wei. And I cannot believe he still plays DotA hardcore after all these years. Tak bosan ke? confused

But I must say you have good taste to have passed over him

razz

Let me warn you and every other girl out there - hardcore DotArds are generally:

1. Kiasu
2. Kiasi
3. Good at passing the blame
4. Cursing in at least 3 different dialects/languages
5. Easily offended
6. Lifeless
7. Better than you (so they claim)
8. Keen to 'fuck ni mama de puki/cheebye'
9. People who take gaming too seriously (thus defeating the purpose of games, which is to have fun)
10. Good at changing their tone according to the person they are talking to (lots of experience in clan politics and can suck up to/ curse people very well)

I know because I was at least 4 of these at the same time at some point in my life. And I am so glad I've moved on and up from wasting my life on a pointless Ah Beng game.

I still enjoy playing DotA, but only on a casual basis now. No more 10 hour sprees, lack of food and sleep, staying up during SPM to DotA, and no more swollen gaming spots. (If you don't know, it's the callous the wrist of the mouse - and sometimes keyboard - hand.)

Maybe it's my course or maybe I've matured - either way I'm not really obsessed with games anymore and can stop any time. REALLY stop - not say YES I CAN STOP ANY TIME I WANT...but never do.

My gaming spot has faded and is barely visible now. Lots of DotA friends have faded away into the woodwork along with my obsession. The only significant thing I have left from my gaming days is...my boyfriend. biggrin

Lol. No regrets. We left the world of hardcore gaming together and I think it was one of the best decisions I've made.

I love gaming and I always will, but it's such a toxic atmosphere when you don't know how to separate it from real life.

I know I'm still hot-tempered and have lots of bad habits when I'm gaming - but it (temper/bad attitude) evaporates within 30 minutes from the end of the game. I find it ridiculous to harbor long-term grudges over a simple ks or mistake in game - my real friends are worth more than that.

biggrin

And I hope that one day, all these hopeless game addicts realise that too - gaming is a lifestyle, not your life.

No comments: