Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Neuroses

1. I have a system for putting my food in order. For example, if dinner is veggies, potatoes, and chicken, I will eat ALL of the veggies, then the potatoes. Not until that’s done can I eat the chicken. If it’s soup or stew the process is the same. Cereal is complicated. If it’s something muti-colored I have to eat the pieces in order of color, worst to best. I will not eat a wrong-colored piece until I finish the color I’m working on. Lucky Charms are easier. I just have to make sure all the cereal bits are done before I eat the marshmallows. If i don’t eat things this way, I will feel like I’ve cheated. And it will bother me for the rest of the meal.



2. If I am reading a book before I go to bed, I have to complete the chapter I am on before turning out the lights. Once I finish the chapter, I have to stick the bookmark in the book without looking. If I see the first words of the next chapter, I have to read that one too before turning out the lights.



3. Every time I eat a gummy candy, I try to keep it in my mouth with out chewing it. If I do bite it, I lose.


4. Every time I go by a wall or something, and I touch it, I have to touch it for the amount of times that I am old. For example, if I poke a wall, and I’m currently 20 years old, I have to poke it 20 times. And if by some coincidence I miss one, I have to star over until I have touched it 20 times in a row.


5. When walking up a flight of stairs, I have to begin with my right foot and end at the top with my left foot. As I approach the top of the stairs, and can see that I will end with my right foot, I will skip a step to ensure it is my left foot finishing.


6. Eating in order – Every time I eat a snack out of a bowl–say mini pretzels–I have to eat them in order from least tasty to tastiest. In the case of pretzels, this would mean I have to eat them in order from least salty to most salty. Touching a pretzel also immediately decreases its tastiness value, and the last two must be eaten one after the other.



7. Whenever I sing a song and someone tries to talk to me, I have to finish the part that I’m singing before I talk to them because otherwise it will bother me. Just the fact that I’m doing something and someone interrupt me irks me.



8. When buying a book, I have to ensure that there cover is perfect – no crinkles, wrinkles scratches and such. Also must leaf through the book to make sure the pages are intact. Then, I put that book down and do the same with several other books because I cannot purchase the first one I picked up. Or the second.



9. When I walk over a bridge I have to hold on really tight to my belongings because I fear I might throw them off.


...apparently I'm not the only one with neuroses.

What kind of neurotic behaviour do YOU have?

mrgreen

No comments: