Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bots

Me and muh boo just did 65 rounds of awp_india against bots.

We won 2. Yay!

I just realised how important it is to adapt and learn. I was doing the same retarded thing over and over and wondering why I couldn't kill at all, while my boy with 400 ping was pawning away.

He told me to do one simple thing, and magically I started actually KILLING the damn bots! And we won!

To be fair, it was 2 against 5 insanely h4xxing bots.

But I'm glad I learned something tonight :)

I guess it applies to all fields in life too. If something works and you keep doing the same thing, good for you. But maybe there's something that works even better and you never know cause you never bothered to try.

It could be a far more simple and effective solution than the one you're currently employing that 'works'

Take cleaning my keyboard for example. Crumbs and dust used to get in between the keys and stuck onto the surface and I'd spend ages trying to pick/blow them out of the crevices and then taking a moist cloth to wipe off the dust.

Sometimes it'd take ages cause I'm just chasing the dust around in circles -.- Wtf.

Then one day, *lightbulb,* I turned the the keyboard upside down and gave a good smack. Crumbs rained out. Wow. Gravity WORKS!

I cleaned up the rest of the mess by removing the vacuum head and hoovering through with a hand over the keys to keep them from popping out.

Time taken with wetcloth/fingernail method: 5 minutes
Time taken with bang/hoover method: less than a minute

YAY for innovation! There's probably a better way to do it that I have yet to find out. Perhaps it involves a can of compressed air, but I've not tried it so I don't know.

But yea, even if you think the way you're doing things now works, think again. Do it better. Do it faster. Harder better faster stronger!

That made no sense but whatever. It's 5.15 am and I'm gonna sleep now :) Cheers for a three day weekend.

No comments: