Saturday, August 21, 2010

Friends

Friends are like lovers. Friends are like family.

You love them, you love your family, you love your partner.

I'd like to think our heart has a different compartment for each type of relationship, and with them, a different kind of love.

Which is why I find it ridiculous to force someone to choose between a friend, a lover, or family.

Those types of questions - if you could only save one from drowning, who would it be? Your bf/gf or your mother?

Or statements like 'waaa now got bf don't wanna come watch movie with us d, what kind of friend are you?'

Stupid la. I mean of course when you get a boyfriend/new friends, you will have less time to spend with your family. And of course, when a new movie comes out and every party wants to take you out, you can either:

1. Go out with your friends. Movie time is girl time right?
2. Go out with your boyfriend. Movie time is paktor time right?
3. Go with your family. Movie time is family bonding time right?
4. Go with everyone together. Movie time is awkward time right?
5. Go watch the movie three time. Movie time is wallet-bleeding time right?
6. DON'T WATCH THE DAMNED MOVIE DAMMIT!

So as you can see. Lose-lose-lose situation either way. -.-

You know how to rectify this? Guess what, YOU can't. Your friends, partner and family just have to learn to share.

There's just one of you, after all. It's not like there 1 Stephanie when she's born, then for each friend she makes, she splits in half and multiplies like a bloody social amoeba. -_-

Okay, I'm not complaining about my family/friends/bf - I've pretty much struck the jackpot so far; they're all not pissy about sharing time.

Almost all anyway. A couple of them just give me a hard time over it. Sigh. As people say, if you really care, you won't make them choose.

Takkan you wanna become like those soap opera siew je...I TIAO LOU NOW YOU SAVE ME OR NOT? IF YOUR MOTHER FALLING YOU SAVE HER OR ME AH? YOU CHOOSE LA! I DON'T THINK YOU LOVE ME LOR!

Okay, not as dramatic but pretty much the same situation. Either way you're breaking your friend's heart and setting yourself up to be let down - unless your friend picks you over someone else la. Then your poor friend is gonna eat shit from the other party, if the other party behaves like you.

Childish and selfish.

Sigh. But even so, I still sayang my friends la. So many of them have changed over the years.

Some of them blossomed as they grew up, but some are like trainwrecks - and I've got a first-class ticket to watch them crash headfirst into life.

It sucks knowing that you can't do shit about it. Even though they are your friends, you can only help them to some extent.

And it is especially difficult to help someone who you think needs help when THEY think they are perfectly fine. And you'd just come off as some righteous piece of do-gooder shit.

But if I don't do anything, I'm wrecked by guilt and worry that something might happen and one day I'll think that I didn't try hard enough - even though at this point I sincerely believe I have.

I guess the best decision is just keep my nose out of other people's business.

Their life is not my life. I have no right to dictate what they choose to do. And if I can't influence them positively, then I probably wasn't a very good friend to start with. :) But I can't help caring about them anyway, no matter how much they've changed.

Every person you've known has helped shape your life in some way or other - be it significant or nearly negligibly. So, in a way they're still part of who I am, and I am a part of their life too.

Fucking cheesy. But I believe that this is true.

Enough about the sad cases. I'm so happy that some of my friends have grown up into happy people.

...Wtf I sound like a clucky mother hen.

That said, I only have a handful of people I still care about. Some of them have found their way, some are lost, some are happy, some are confused...but we're still young.

The time I posted on fb that I wished everyone I knew happiness - whether I loved or hated them - I wasn't high.

I really do.

Cause I guess whatever happens, as long as you have some hope or joy in life that you can hold on to...you're never lost.

I'd like to thank my friends who have supported me and moulded me into who I am today.

Those who have listened to my rants.
Those who gave advice - stupid or useful, it doesn't matter.
Those who dragged me out to experience new things.

Thank you.

I love you :)

One day, we may grow apart so much that we barely keep in touch at all, but I'm always here.

Always. Unless, of course, I'm dead. CHOI.
*hugs 4x4 wooden plank*

I may not give sound advice.
I may not respond the way you want me to.
I may not be the person you want listening to your problems.

But I will. And if you really trust me, you know I will. :)

Okay. I'm done with my sappiness. (Look what a sentimental creature I've grown to be! *claps*)

Did you like this post more than my emo/game posts?

Hmm.

*showers thoughtfully*

No comments: