Friday, September 24, 2010

Gamer's Rage: A short (true and typical) story

A quick summary of an ah beng rant (click to enlarge):


This is my side of the story:

I was playing CS - de_dust with some of my friends. We all knew each other at least vaguely and the game was going fine - all light-hearted and funny.

Then, A new player came in, sapuing my whole team easily. As is our custom, we spectate strangers performing well for hacks


That is not to say we accuse everyone who can kill us of hacking. It is rare to find very good player in Garena and we spectate to root out hackers or welcome new, competent players into our small, pathetic CS community. (Yes, this has happened before and I LOVE these honest-to-good CLEAN players to death.)

Anyway, 3 of us spectated the new player and all of us agreed that it was highly probable that he was using a recoil hack. All of us saw his gun recoil go sideways ONLY and did not move on the y-axis at all. Unless all three of our screens were faulty (YEA RIGHT,) this is no way natural in CS game mechanics.

So, we kicked him and got his IP. After we kicked him, I discovered he was a player of a clan that we all knew. [I've had my  problems with this clan in the past and as of now, only the clan lord I are civil to each other.]

Anyway, he rejoined the game with a new name, now furious, demanding why we kicked him. I was spectating so I didn't know what they talked about during the game (if they even talked at all), but he was kicked again shortly after.

He rejoined AGAIN with a different name - his 'famous' screen name, which NO ONE but me recognized, and only because I'd played with him before. He was now cursing Clams for being a noob and challenging him to a 1v1, all the while saying 'he doesn't hack' and 'what is Clams' problem? Kick people for no reason? Why host if you wanna kick people?' ...and other rubbish questions.

I chatted with him in spectator more, saying that since he is so clearly unwanted here, why doesn't he just leave and save himself time and the embarrassment of being shunned?

He continued raging in spectator mode while everyone was playing and ignoring him. I watched him rant, half-amused, while I was finishing my ice cream.

Eventually, he either left or got kicked from the game by Clams. The game ended shortly after, the fun mood having being ruined.

This is when the conversation in the public channel took place.


And Clams, the host of the server, who kicked him was the loser's teammate, so his accusation about Clams being a sore loser is complete nonsense. If Clams was truly without sportsmanship, wouldn't he have kept a suspected hacker on his team so that he could continue owning? Illogical -__-

Okay.

Firstly, no one accused you to your face for hacking. So don't get all hot and bothered about it. You made an assumption that WE made an assumption about YOU, so we're even now, right?

Secondly, it is Clams' server and he can kick anyone he wants, whether you like it or not. Having his friends even suspect you of hacking is more than enough reason to kick you. Heck, I even kick spammers, whiners and rude people from my server cause I'M the host and I do whatever the fuck I want. You don't like it? LEAVE.

Thirdly, whoever you are and whatever clan you belong to does not mean shit to us. Your reputation can only carry you as far as your manners can. Who cares whether you are supposedly 'pro' or not when you're as rude as a neglected, spoiled 13-year-old brat?

Fourth, of course, I have been kicked from server for 'hacking' as well, and YES, I do fume initially. But I get the fuck over it (after some expected whining.)

I don't scream in the public channel about how retarded you are or try to pick a fight with you. '1v1 LA COME LA 1v1 LA NOOB YOU THINK YOU SO PRO?' [Clarification: He did this in game, not in the public channel.]

When you get kicked, you just find another server that will take you in and PLAY IN THAT SERVER. What is the point of rejoining the same server and troubling everyone by making them have to kick you again and again? Obviously, we have already decided we don't want you playing with us, and annoying and insulting us isn't going to change our mind one bit. 

Fifth, don't bother challenging people 1v1 if your beef with them was because they suspected/accused you of hacking. No blithering idiot would bother competing 1v1 with someone whom they suspect is hacking. Use your brain ffs.

Finally, even if you are NOT hacking (and we all think you are,) you are one fucking nasty player and we don't like you anyway.

Go suck it lahhhh, chao ah beng!


P.s. I wasn't in the convo in the public channel because I promised my bf to remain silent. Admittedly, I have a MUCH smaller tolerance for idiots. I really salute Clams who managed to keep his cool and not rise to provocation :s

No comments: