Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Classes commence!

There's nothing much I have to say. Haha.

Haha because whenever I say something like that I end up with an essay of a blog post.

Okay. I have yet to blog about my first 3 days of classes, so here's a brief (I don't promise) recap.

Weds: Programming tutorial - cancelled.

Games Studio lecture - I arrived late and ended up in the inevitable seat directly in front of the lecturer. General awkwardness and silence ensues.

Games Studio lab+tute - My lecturer has cropped green hair, tattoos and a giant skull-shaped belt buckle. Yea. She also curses like a motherfucking motherfucker (in her own words.) I found out I have to do mods and make a workable level of Neverwinter Nights2 by the end of the semester.

Oh joy. RPG games. *yawn*
(Actually, I should be thankful I don't have to study for exams. Yawn pula. So ungrateful.)

Thursday:

Programming tute - YAWN SEI NGOR ARGHHH SO NOOOB. MY LECTURER HAS A STUTTER FML. (Yes I just said fml because the feeling is too strong to deny. Imagine 1 hour of stuttering and one minute to get a full sentence out. GG.com. And yes I know it's not her fault but MAN! I hate slow talkers as it is and now I'm saddled with one for the whole semester T__T)

Maths and Physics for Artists - I don't know if I should be disappointed or what. Everyone else seems to be celebrating the fact that this subject has neither maths NOR physics in it. WTF? I was SO looking forward to a free A man CHEEBYE? Angmohs hate math and mostly suck balls at it so I can understand all the cheering. :(

But it's a hellota fun la. My lecturer looks like a nerd, sounds like a nerd, and is called Floyd.

NERDISH OVERLOAD!

But he is fucking awesome la. He taught at MIT and developed the Wii AND is part of Project Natal. AWESOME POSSUM. If you don't know what it is, click on the link to find out.

It sounds pretty wicked sick but I'm rather sceptical. I mean look at the hype about the Wii and where is it now? Collecting dust in the cabinet under your TV I bet. After wrist-flick-bowling and wrist-flick-tennis you'd get bored with the non-exercise pretty fast. :)

But whatever, his class makes you think a lot about games and makes us discuss about it in a blog after class - and it's GRADED. Ohemgee. Wanna see my breakdown of grading for Semester 1?

Read and discuss an article - provided - for 30 minutes in a group of 6/7 people: 15%

Create an exertion (physical) game - no computer screens - in a group of 5: 20%

Class contribution - talking and giving opinions/suggestions in class: 30%

Commenting on the blog after class, giving in-depth thought and analysis to the topic that was discussed in class earlier: 35 fucking %

HAHAHA NO EXAMS. NO PAPERWORK. YENG MOU?

Friday: Programming lecture again - Dozed off *zzz*

Imaging - I'm the only offshore student and so no one really wants to talk to me because...(insert reason here)

I've never felt more unwanted or like an outsider more in my life. -__- They had an icebreaking session which involved 'speed dating.'

We sit in 2 rows facing each other and talk to the person directly opposite for 45 seconds and then move down a chair.

I started off pretty badly, and ended up with a full-blown blush as I ran out of things to say. The guy was just staring at me like I'm a turtle without a shell.

-__- I blushed again when I recounted the story to Amanda who couldn't stop laughing and reminded me of the time I had a Production Skills presentation and blushed bright red right to the end while managing to present in a clear, confident and understandable tone.

LOL wtf. I was talking like pro but blushing like a noob. :(

Well anyway, part 2 of the icebreaker left us to pair off with a random person and draw each other - UPSIDE DOWN.

Meaning draw them starting from the chin and down the the hair.

So you can imagine how ugly the pics would look.

After a few minutes, the lecturer told us to toss our drawings onto the floor and to stand in a circle and start matching up the drawings to the faces.

5 minutes later, this was the last remaining drawing on the floor, the orphan cringing under the pitying gazes of my classmates:















Well, naturally, it was the picture of me.

Fanfuckingtastic! D:

Trust me when I say at that moment I felt like the ugliest and loneliest girl in the world. T__T

I felt so awful I actually fled class 5 minutes before it ended LOL. I thought class ended and packed up and when I got up to leave I realised everyone was still hard at work.

But I'd already logged off so I just left. :/

What a horrible day that was.

:(

Sigh. *lost my thread of thought*

Sorry I went to HoN. More abrupt endings to follow. Good night. :)

No comments: