Thursday, June 21, 2007

#300

Question:

How often do you see schoolgirls walking around the school clutching paper cups full of - I kid you not - fresh warm urine?

Ok, maybe once a year for each of the five science classes, but it's still creepy, nonetheless.

Imagine:

You walk into your friend from another class during recess, and you see her carrying this party paper cup from...the bathroom?

And you're like, "Hey, whatcha got there? Chrysanthemum tea ah? Didn't know they sell hot one in school..."

And your friend goes:

"Oh, that's not tea la, it's my pee."

"..."

Like, wtf.
Haha!

Luckily for me, I was not stopped by anyone on my from the bathroom to the lab.

***

For our Form 5 peka, we are supposed to conduct an experiment on input of water versus output of urine.

And I find it extremely unfair, because our class sucks - only 7 (unfortunate) people did it.
The rest will just copy our results.

WHAT LA NO SEMANGAT KELAS ONE!

Stand together, suffer together la!

Though I must admit, the lab would pretty much stink if there were 30+ cups of urine around.

So, we were supposed to drink various amounts of water, 100-600 ml, and then go and pee every half hour for 3 times - into a freaking PAPER CUP - and measure it in the lab.

...

*hair stands up*

I mean, this is...I have no words for it.

We girls can't just grab ourselves and aim like guys can, if you get what I mean.
*pointed look*

Only 7 people did it, because there was raptai for Hari Anugerah Cemerlang, therefore a lot of people ponteng kelas/refused to do it/said they had their period.

-.-;

I was going to say that too, but unfortunately Banu was organizing the class, and not our Bio teacher. I cannot lie to a friend (well, these kind of lies, anyway) even though I would, without hesitation, tell my Bio teacher with a straight face that she could 'check' if she wanted to.

I mean, she can't violate our privacy riiiiight?

I say got period then got lor!
Prove me wrong if you can! Wahahaha!

(Or maybe I should go the Yi Ling way - got cirit-birit la!)

But cannot la. If I lied to Banu, I'd feel so guilty.

I mean hell, it took me a shitload of effort to even TYPE the words 'saya merupakan pelajar yang baik yang sentiasa memberi perhatian semasa cikgu mengajar' for my moral folio.

Some people could just write that without batting an eyelid, even though they full well sleep even when teacher is standing 6 feet away from them. *cough*Yap*cough*

(In the end, I settled for: Saya cuba menjadi pelajar yang baik dengan sentiasa memberi perhatian semasa pelajaran dijalankan.)

Anyway, lucky lucky me, I was assigned (ok, I volunteered) to drink 600 ml.
If you want to do it, might as well go to the extremes, right?

Wrong.

If you know me well enough, 600 ml of water is what I normally drink in a DAY.
Much less in 5 minutes.

It made me nauseous and bloated after a while. And it was only WATER - not cow's blood or some other Fear Factor substance.

And you know what?

After going for the first round, I almost freaked - I thought the paper cup was going to overflow.

...

But luckily it didn't, that's all I can say. (Phew.)

So we went to the lab to measure the amount in a measuring cylinder, (I pity the next class that uses those cylinders) and Puan Tan was there.

"What are you all doing? Preparing standard solution ah?"
"No..."
"Dilution is it? What is it?"
"Urine."
"Whaaat?"
"Urine. For bio."
"Ha, really?
"They're torturing us, teacher! How can they do this to us! It's traumatizing!"
"No la, interesting what..."
"...Mmmrfghhmmnnm..."

Only teachers (and maybe doctors) would think studying your EXCRETION is interesting. ==

Anyway, my readings were:

1. 250 ml (exactly)
2. 250 ml (exactly, I didn't know I was so robotic ==)
3. 40 ml

Therefore, I can conclude that my body absorbed 60 ml of water.

Only 60 ml!
Out of 600 ml!

THEN WHY DID THEY MAKE US DRINK 600 ml AH?
DRINK 60 ml CAN LIAO LA! THEN NO NEED TO GO AND PEE IN A CUP, OK?

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Anyway, if you think this is gross, consider:

1. Urine is sterile, therefore you can't say it is dirty.

2. Urine contains the same components as sweat - mainly salt and urea. So when you wipedyour face on your sleeve after a particularly exerting game of football, it is equivalent to sticking your head in a bucket of pee.

3. Some people drink urine on a DAILY basis, and enjoy it. They claim it has healthy properties. (Don't try this at home, urea is poisonous in large amounts)

4. In Victorian times people used pee as a medical remedy in ancient times. (To be consumed, or bathed in.)

***

So this is considered...ok la. (Don't ask me how I knew all that.)

For the record, I scrubbed my hands thoroughly with disinfectant after each measurement - even though urine has no germs. == It's more for my mental ease.

P.s. Urine is really warm when it's fresh. You can feel it radiating through the paper cup.


Song of the Day:

"Wonderwall - Oasis"

I really wanted to enjoy a game of DotA tonight, but some nubcakes totally ruined it for me ==
(Hence my less-than-wonderful mood and malicious intent to gross everyone out)

*smirk*
Did I succeed?

4 comments:

Denise said...

7 only ah? Last year, about 50 students did it at the same time ok? Not drink water only you know. Some had to drink vodka, saline solution, and had to exercise on a treadmill. Lucky I was the control =P

Anonymous said...

The government is so unidentifically gross!

snowbunnie said...

@ Den- YER SO FUN! GOT VODKA SOME MORE! AHH!!

Secondary sucks T.T

@ Khai - You have 4 years to go. Or you could do what I would have done (if I didn't have a moral folio to hand in) - ponteng! Whee!

Khaielaash/Fr3@K said...

Lol.