Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I want a new phone

Yes, I have changed a lot in the past few months.

For one, my blog titles no longer have cryptic meanings or witticisms. They're just...what I want to say. I'm far too lazy to think up something fitting or clever and no one every reads the title anywayyyyy.

For another, I used to say that phones are not important - but now YES THEY ARE LA. I mean I don't text like crazy or even call much but the thought of not having a phone now makes me shud-d-d-d-er. D:

How is Sam going to call me leh? :(

Anyway, my mom bought me my first ever phone...my OWN phone, not a hand me down, that is...in January 2008. I chose the black Ericsson w910i.

I still love it until now. But sadly, it shuddered and died in my hands a mere 2 weeks upon my arrival in Melbourne. So yeah, I'm stuck using the free phone my sis got for mom with my 2-year phone contract - an Ericsson 595.

And it is ugly. Like. Shit.

Heavy, ugly, laggy, small screen.

What else could I ask for in a phone? I mean, seriously.
._. Lyk omgwtfbbqs its lyk da best phone evahhhsss!

The things I look for in a phone:

1. Slide design
2. Sturdy keypad
3. Doesn't lag
4. Big screen
5. Light
6. Slim
7. Fairly good camera - 5 mp and above, preferably, for those on-the-go shots

And I was surfing the Sony Ericsson website to hunt for a new phone when I stumbled upon this:



WTF SEXY OK?
It's meets all my criteria except for the light and slim part, but HELL YEAH SEXY OVERRULES ANY OTHER DESIGN FLAWS OK?
Hell, it's so sexy it didn't even get assigned a letter+number, but it got an actual NAME ok!



Sony Ericsson Aino.
Aino aino aino woaini T_T

First time I ever thought a white phone was sexy. I normally like bronze or black. *_*

/drool.

I would ask mommy to buy it for my 18th birthday but

1. she already bought me a SECRET present (oh please not a Lamaze musical octopus x_x I actually got that last year ok. Together with a 300rm Borders gift cardm but yeah. Infant educational toy. Hm.)
2. it's not released yet.
3. it looks expensive.


I guess I could survive with the fugly 595 for now.
It's uglier than it looks here, trust me.

If only it were another colour or design then I might not hate it as much.


Wow, look. Huge improvement! In a girly way la. Typical boys ignore this please.

...WHY NAVY BLUE LA?

It brings back memories of my primary school days. No fun at all.

Many thanks to the bf for offering to fix his old Ericsson P1i so I can use it for the timebeing. :) He got iPhone edi wei! Yao yeng :O

I would like an iPhone too, but I think it's overpriced and I like traditional keypads. Don't get me wrong, I fancy touchscreens too, but I think it's really inconvenient for under-the-table texting or music control.

(AINO HAS BOTH TOUCHSCREEN AND KEYPAD)

I digress.

Anyway, to make the P1i usable, he has to reformat the Windows - meaning the memory will be wiped, along with all our precious memories and texts.
T_T

It wouldn't be so sad if I still had them in my phone. But yeah, my phone died even earlier than his. =_=

Awww. :(
By the way, his first sms to me was at 4 am in the morning while he was hunched over a toilet bowl - to tell me he had too much to drink and was happily puking.

Okay. I exaggerated.
I don't think he was happy while puking.

Anyway, sad laaaa. :(
I know, how often are we going to go back and read those thousands of messages anyway?
But it still makes me a little bit sad to think they will be obliterated FOREVERRRRR.

Sniff.

I want a new phone.
/whines

Ai-no ai-no ai-no!
(Chant like the old Eno commercial)

No comments: