Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Unintended

Yesterday.

"Is there ANY way at all to protect a big thumb drive like this," my lecturer holds up an external hard disk, "from viruses when you plug them into other computers, say, at the library?"

"Nope."

"Not at all?"

"Yea, just like STDs - the more you plug 'em in, the more viruses you get."

Done answering her question, I turned back to my work.
My lecturer's voice cut through the air:

"Steph, did you just...make...a sexual reference?"

"Huh?"

My classmates burst into laughter.

Nicky very not embarassingly yelled:
"Look! She's gone all red in colour!"

I started sputtering.
"NOOOOO it's cause she LOOKED at me like THAT!" T____T

"Don't worry, it's a...very good metaphor actually!"

She shook her head, probably wondering what the hell is wrong with my generation.

Oh my god. Blush blush.
The LOOK on my lecturer's face!
WTF. Even Jimmy, who's the number 1 blur fella laughed like hell.

=_=

I don't think my classmates will hold a thumb drive the same way again.

***
Today.

I had Subway in the corridor during break time and Joyce suddenly appeared for presentation day - late.

She lamented that she couldn't get her booklet printed because her thumb drive broke down, that's why it was late.

THEN, she showed us her thumb drive.

-_- 'Broke down' doesn't even begin to describe it.
It was broken, literally, into 3 parts - the outer casing, the memory card + circuit board, and the external contact point where you plug it into the computer.

I held it up for a closer look.
The 4 contact points of the metal were bent rather sadly at a 50 degree angle.

"Walao. Ganasnya. Violent la you -_-"

Nicky chuckled. "Her poor boyfriend."

I looked at the metal corpse in my hand again and commented - "Looks like this."

I held it a little higher.

And then I realised what I just said when Nicky burst into laughter again "REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAID YESTERDAY! About the..."

"YES YES I DIDN'T MEAN IT TO BE THAT WAY OK?"

T___T I meant that her boyfriend kena whack until bengkok okay? Not that his...

Nevermind.

I dropped the thumb drive back into Joyce's hand and she walked away staring, wondering what we were talking about.

God. That innocent thumb drive suddenly turned into a phallic symbol in 20 seconds flat.

/washes hands





Ughhhhhh.

No comments: