Monday, February 22, 2010

Bad crab :(

Sam just called me and told me that my very naughty crab almost suicided in the absence of his mommy :((((

He woke with a jolt at 6.30 am this morning and so ngam he heard a thud and discovered Snowcrabbie was missing. The thud was from her shell hitting the tiles on the balcony.

NOOOO DON'T JUMP! T___T MOMMY STILL LOVES YOU! FROM ANOTHER CONTINENT!

:'(

But happy ending. Sam put her back in her enclosure and she's still alive and well. *sniffs*

Today I settled my insurance and my registration. Tomorrow I can go shopping! And eat Ying Thai! And Freddo! :D

Life in Melbourne isn't bad at all. I'm actually rather looking forward to my classes, but I'm afraid of developing the SIEN feeling after a while.

I need to find people I can truly click with. Amanda is my best Melbourne friend now and while I can pretty much get along with her, we're far too different to actually be really close.

In fact, I don't think we have any common interests besides assignments and shopping. GG.

She likes Korean boys and EVERYTHING, clubbing, lala-ish but still pretty chic fashion.

I like shy geeky boys, games, reading, and animals. I wear the same t-shirts and jeans almost the whole year through.

I like to have fun and it's a bit off-putting when your friend looks embarrassed when you do or ask something deemed weird instead of laughing with you and going with the flow.

I guess it's just plain personality differences but she's the best friend I have here and I appreciate that :)

I'm finally going to commence my studies in GAMESSSS so I hope I find like-minded people there. To tell you the truth, overly-dressed people (as in fashion-savvy people, not that I like seeing people half-naked) intimidate me a bit. Whenever I see them I either feel repulsed or out of place. :S

Overly geeky people also put me off. Like all they are gonna talk about is WoW or Starcraft or something. I mean I enjoy my share of geeky game talk, but it's a different matter entirely when they can tell you the entire history of Arthas from memory and if we don't play the same games, I won't understand what they are saying.

And I'm also a bit scared of angmohs. I know it's so stereotypical but I think of the Aussies as loud, outgoing people who have casual sex and can drink their own weight in liquor. Scary T__T

That doesn't leave many people for me to befriend. x___x I wanna find someone friendly, guy or girl it doesn't matter. Just someone I can chat, game, do assignments and go out with.

But of course, I haven't even met any coursemates yet, let alone get to know them. They may look like a TYPE of person but behave like another altogether. :) Maybe they are all nice.

I hope they are.

I'm shy when meeting new people. Please make this easy for me. *hangs head*

Now, I am bored. I miss my story books immensely. I should clean up my room. I have nothing to do and I downloaded a whole bunch of songs. Yay for 11mbps speed.

Tomorrow I'm going shopping with Amanda; did I mention that already?

Okay. Signing off with a picture of me.

I think I'm going to take a picture of myself every day and post it up until I return to Malaysia. Just for fun. And to see how I change over the months. :)

Cheers ad good night!


Day 1:
Insufficient sleep. Just had a shower and a mint ice cream cone. Chatting with boyfriend about our crabbies. :) My bangs have finally grown out.

No comments: