Friday, February 24, 2006

DS Lite?

Recently there have been rumours that Nintendo will be launching a certain handheld - the DS Lite.

Though I hate the word 'lite', which I don't think is a word in the first place, and sounds like a stupid diet drink, this one seems intriguing.

There's no official word from Nintendo yet, so thanks Yap for telling me about it! Apparently, there are people who think the Lite is a prank pulled by some clever Photoshoppers, since Nintendo has denied the remodelling of the DS.


Sleek, and obviously Apple-inspired. Where else would you get the white opaque plastic which looks oh-so-scratchable?

Mmm, can you say 'Honey I Shrunk The DS'?


DS Specs
Length: 84.7 mm
Width: 148.7 mm
Height: 28.9 mm
Weight: 275g

DS Lite Specs
Length: 73.9 mm
Width: 133 mm
Height: 21.5 mm
Weight: 218g

So basically, it's a smaller, lighter, sleeker version of the current DS.

I really hope they come out in pink.

Or I can very well kiss my all-pink accessory dream goodbye, because I'm definitely picking this over the DS.

iPod mini - Poddie: Pink
Camera - Cammie: Pink
Handphone - Unnamed (Anferny, perhaps?): I uh, disastrously varnished it pink...but hey, at least it matches!
Gameboy: ?

I'll wait for the official launch and check out some reviews...as well as the price. Boy, am I glad that cranky store-owner didn't bring in the Candy Pink DS, and that my parents refused to buy it from anywhere else, or I'd be sitting here feeling horrible right now. ;o)

Since my parents decided to buy the DS for me, instead of letting me pay for it out of my ang pow money, I'll probably have to pay the difference, as this is probably going to cost more.

But I'll gladly pay!!!

...as long as they come out with pink, of course. =D

No comments: