Monday, February 04, 2008

Oh psh

I admit it, I'm a sucker for soft toys. x.x

I love the cute cuddly little things.
I know many people who think they know me pretty well, then they step into my bedroom...

...THIS IS YOUR ROOM MEH? DON'T LIE!

Ahahahahaha.

Picture this:

Scowling, mood-swingy, tall, skinny, scary anorexic-looking girl whose cupboard is dominantly black and white and is known for her very poisonous tongue.

Then picture this:

A pink room with wooden shelves lined with books from top to bottom, double stacked, a dressing table with a huge mirror and little flowery jewellery boxes (presents from people) and a four-poster-bed with sheer curtains. Furthermore, there are UNICORNS on the curtains, and there is a purple/blue sheer curtain above the main curtain. There is a poster of puppies clipped onto the easel board, and a 2008 calendar hanging on the wall next to the bathroom door - filled with sleeping puppies.

Then, imagine the frame of the four-poster bed.
Wooden, solid...and lined with beanie babies as well as other soft toys from end to end.

Be it dogs, cats, snakes, rats, ghosts - any common creatures... (like ghosts =x) I should have at least one of them up there.

When I was an eight-year-old who happened to be visiting her aunt in Shanghai on her birthday, I was asked:

"What would you like for your birthday?"
"Ummm. Beanie babies! =D"

My aunt bought me 20 of them.
As most of you know, (and the last time I checked,) Beanie babies cost about 20 bucks per toy in Malaysia.

My 8th birthday present would then amount to approximately 400 ringgit.
For soft toys filled with beans.

That is, if I bought them in Malaysia.

But no, I bought them in Shanghai where they cost roughly 4-5 bucks each. =P
So, 100 ringgit worth of toys for my 8th birthday.

What little girl wouldn't be delighted?

I certainly was. =) I think there's still a video of my 'party' somewhere...the whole table was covered in toys. Owls, seals, giraffes, frogs...

My first beanie baby was a panther.
I think my cousin Elaine bought it for me.
My second beanie baby was a green frog, named Legs.

I remember waking up and finding the frog at my feet.
I think that was from Den.

But my memory's screwed - please correct me if I'm wrong. ^.^''

After that came the 20 babies on my 8th birthday.
Then a few more came, here and there, and when I bought my four-poster-bed, I put them all around the frame so they were staring out around my bed.

When visitors came and I had to give up my bed, I turned them inwards so the person would be totally creeped out by 30 pairs or so of beady black eyes staring at him/her. =x

Heehee.

Anyway, this fascination with soft toys faded as I grew older.
I became more into CDs and clothes and necklaces and things preteens collect.

"Toys are for babies!"

Anyway, 20 bucks a pop for a little toy was way above what I would pay.
And so I never bought another beanie since then.

But recently, my love for soft toys reignited - I went to US and brought back no less than 4 toys.
For myself!

x.x

One is a white bear that cost 5 dollars from Carter's (a baby store = =) - it's slightly over a foot tall and looks like a boy bear, but I call him Carrie. No idea why.

Another is a green Triceratops plushie I got from the Museum of Natural History.
Being very unoriginal, I names it Cera after the dinosaur in the Land Before Time. I adored that show. Cera was my favourite. ^^'' So stubborn, and refuses to admit she's wrong even though it's OBVIOUS that she is...sounds familiar? ><

Yet another is Pluto!
Mommy bought him for me from Disneyland, Anaheim. =)
So cute larrr, how can I come home from Disneyland without a toy huh?

The last one is a red, white and blue bear with a top hat with stars and stripes from New York.
On new year's eve. His name is Mason.

^^''

Then today, while I was still in Singapore, I walked into a store hunting for that gorgeous white + purplink unicorn plushie I've been wanting since last year.

I couldn't find it (T.T) but I walked out with a brand-new green turtle toy.
Lol. = =

It was so cute I couldn't resist!

I went back to my relative's place where we were staying and happily showed her my newest toy.

"Oh you like toys? I have a lot of them, come lemme get you some..."
"...!!!"

She brought me pair of pigs on keychains, 2 AIG souvenir bears (one with a matching T-shirt and the other, well, naked) and a Beanie Baby piglet!

OMG.
I love Beanie babies!
It's so so so cute!
It's called Luau and it's all pink and fat and stuff. =X

My aunt wanted to give me this HUGE Pooh bear - I swear, it's as tall as I am when I'm sitting on the floor.

She told me that Joe bought it for my cousin when he was trying to kao her.

^^'' I er, I don't think I want a toy that was meant to be a present from him to his then girl-he-was-after-and-now-wife. Even if it WAS really cute and she didn't want it anymore. So I politely refused. Dahlah I have Den's Piggie and Ikea Heart. = =''

I like them, but it's kinda, er, awkward.
Taking a bf-to-gf gift that is not wanted anymore. = =''
Ish.

Anyway, I wonder where I'm gonna put my new toys.
My bedframe's full.

And Mikey Jr the snake, Matt the bear, and Cera the triceratops are my current bed-buddies.
I think Mikey's not gonna be very happy with so many new comers. =x
He'll eat them all! Mwahahaha. (He's a 6-foot-long rainbow-coloured snake from Ikea, btw)

So, as you can see, I'm a sucker for toys and I guess that answered the question I posed in the last post.

Toys over flowers any day, even though I love those Grade A roses and round Chrysanthemums like crazy. And carnations. But they smell bad. =x

I took me a while to ponder whether toys are better than chocolates, but I've decided that toys are longer lasting and huggable. ^^

Chocolates...love them to death but I've sadly overstocked them - people keep giving them to me and I still buy them. ^^''

Bwahahaha, I love soft toys the most. =P

Now all that's left on my wishlist are the white-and-purplink big-footed unicorn, Patrick (lol after 8 years = =) and that black poodle from Russ.

...now that I think of it, why la didn't I ask Brandon to buy it for my birthday last year?
I still remember Sash going:

"WHAT? YOU ASKED FOR COOKIES? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?"
"...chocolate chip cookies."
"WHATEVER! He said he'll buy you anything you want and you ask for COOKIES?"
"Um. Yeah."
"...I give up."
"^^"

Okay. Maybe I exaggerated a little. =/
But her tone was incredulous if not loud.
Like wtf is WRONG with me??

But, but...I love chocolates.
= =''
Cannot meh?
And I had a Famous Amos craving just then.
Zzz. What to do?

Nevermind.
This year, I will not forget.
Eh wait, I think I feel like throwing a party.
...
Nevermind. Next year then. = =''

JL's fault larrrr...who asked her to bring Patrick to our sleepover and make me fall in love with him? =(

Luff me! =3

Song of the Day:

"Sweet Home Alabama - I forgot by whom ^^"

Some things are worth waiting for. XD
Rightttt...

No comments: