Saturday, January 14, 2006

Being Unattached

Being unattached is seriously cool. Nonono, I don't mean unattached as in no boyfriend la, even though that's cool too. I mean unattached as in, you're attached to no one in particular, and it wouldn't hurt to have time away from them and all.

Of course, this comes from a girl who switched schools when she was in Standard 3, and jumped straight to Standard 5 in a completely new school full of scary, scary strangers. Also, it probably didn't help that I cried practically on the first day of school, and that just kinda ruined the grand, controversial entrance I was dreaming of.

Being betrayed and backstabbed by your friends is also no picnic. And no, I'm not gonna elaborate on that issue, for fear of boring you further. Anyway, from that day onwards, I just decided to be unattached. If you don't call me, I'm not hurt. If you don't wait for me after class, I couldn't care less. I don't really care if you're my real friend or not, as long as you don't get on my nerves...

And hell, did this come in handy in Form 4. My little clique of frenemies had vastly different PMR results, (striaght As; 7As 1B; 6As 1B; 3As 5Bs) and so we were all broken up and were sent into different classes.

So when everyone was mourning about how they got seperated from their best, BEST friends (who sometimes acted like lesbians), I was just sitting there going, "Man! I didn't get into the best class, how sucky."

I am so weird.

Not that I completely don't care about my friends anymore, I still do. But come on, I still see them before and after school, and during recess too. It's not THAT bad as you make it out to be la, you pathetic whiners. And at least, I can concentrate on class now, instead of drawing stupid caricatures of the bo-ring Sejarah teacher and passing it around.

It's also fun when you can bitch about someone once in a while, since people already know that I am loyal to no one in particular. This may sound mean, but hey, even friends can get really annoying once in a while, you know? Anyway, I always kiss and make-up later, so no worries there.

Well, on the bright side, I can meet new people now. Instead of hanging around with the same people, I get to mingle with people that don't know my true colours (muahahaha). Yet, anyway.

Anyway, this boring post (congrats if you've read until this point) was dreamt up while listening to my Moral teacher nattering away about how hard seperating from your friends was, and how she TOTALLY understands how we feel (er, hello? Trying too hard here...) and I was all like "Huh? What is she talking about?" o_O

Bah, I'm also uber-sleepy, with only 15 hours of sleep, for THREE DAYS! So if this post sucks, I know what I can blame it on.

P.s. To all the people who are still my friends after this post, thanks so much for bearing with my unbearable attitude. =) ♥ Y'all!

No comments: