Saturday, January 21, 2006

I am traumatized.

HUG ME!!!! *bawls*

I am so freaked out, you would think that this was my wimpy twin sister bawling or something. You would definitely mistake me for someone else, if you saw me right now.

So this is what happened:

I came home from the optician (my power increased, ugh) and saw that the filthy fish tank with the two half-dead fish was cleaned out, and my precious guppies were transferred into the big tank.

And then, being the paranoid owner that I am, I noticed that the water level was waaaaaaay too high, and you know guppies tend to jump out of the tank. (For what reason, I have no idea) I was just telling my mom about it, when I stepped closer to look at the fish. Then, I heard, or rather, felt a very, very sickening SQUELCH.

Under my foot.

With a terrible feeling of deja-vu, I looked down and saw a dead guppy. A DEAD GUPPY!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's SO gross. Especially since fish have no eyelids, so it's as if they're staring up at you in resentment. Only they can't be staring, because they're DEAD.

A thought just struck me. Since they have no eyelids, their eyes are open. That means...ohmygod I STEPPED ON ITS EYEBALLS! Oh. My. Frickin. Gosh. OhmyGOSH. ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh *hyperventilates*

And the worst thing is, this isn't the first time I stepped on a slimy living (or not) creature. There was once when I was about 6 or so, I went down to the kitchen in the middle of a night to get a cup of water. I was happily skipping down the stairs two at a time (I wasn't afraid of the dark then) when I landed very hardly on the last step.

Beneath the heel of my foot, a cold squishy something went splat! I glanced down and saw a lizard. I didn't even know whether it was dead or not, since I freaked and ran up the stairs two at a time to get away from the gruesome scene.

Though I think it was toast, given the force of my jump. No wait, not toast.
Pancake.

Needless to say, I never went to get water in the middle of the night again.

Besides that, there was this once a couple years back. When my mom bought my sis and I a fighting fish each, since I loved them so much. My sis didn't want hers saw I got both of them =D

The shiny green one was Emma, short for Emerald; and the dull red one (my sister's) was called Coral, because it was coral-coloured. Imaginative huh?

Anyway, one one hot evening after returning from a hot, hot day at school, I stepped into the bathroom where the fish were kept, to splash some water on my face and cool myself down. I didn't turn on the light since I was too lazy, and approached the sink.

Then AGAIN. Squelch. I looked down and saw a dark red lump. Coral. I screamed and jumped backward, then cowered downstairs for a while, before telling my maid to dispose of the body.

Well, I didn't like Coral as much because she wasn't shiny, so I was kinda glad that it wasn't MY Emma who jumped out of her bowl and died.

Well, too bad. Emma died a couple weeks later. My mom thought it was fungus.

But I know better. Emma died of trauma. She must have thought it was better dying in her tank than under the foot of a giant oaf like her owner.

And I bet she was right.


RIP Emma, Coral, Unnamed Guppy #1, and the stupid lizard who started it all.

No comments: