Tuesday, May 08, 2007

You know you're obsessed when...

Last weekend I had this intense dream.

Intense, and geeky, and freaky.

I was playing DotA, using Krobelus to be exact.
I was hiding in the bushes where the new secret shop is with an ally - about to ambush an unsuspecting Dazzle.

So I turned on my ulti, and carrion swarmed him to death.

...Not quite to death - he refused to die, and kept healing himself.
Worse, a teammate showed up to help him.

I was poisoned and trying to run.
This was when my vision changed from top view into the view from Krobelus' eyes.

Like I AM the Death Prophet, not playing her, if you get me.

I made it into the bushes where I came from...

...And this I heard this fucking loud sound and I was immediately blinded.

The sound was so immense that it cleared everything out of my head.
Like my head imploded and nothing was left but the sound of that explosion.


There was nothing in my mind but that SOUND.


Like the biggest single fireworks explosion on earth, only LOUDER.

And worst of all...

...my body registered PAIN.


I finally believe that even when your mind believes you're injured, you feel the pain.

My head and my arms - which I used to shield my head - were numb with pain.

My body was curled up foetally and it fucking hurt.

This was when I jerked back to reality, gasping with pain and shock - in the exact same foetal position.

Nightmare much?

The pain immediately subsided upon my awakening - leaving a numb, ringing feeling (yeah, weird way to describe it) in my bones.

My frantic heartbeat slowed considerably.

Then, my mom waltzed in the room.

"Wake up! Wake up!"

***

I didn't think about it for the rest of the day.

When I recalled it that night, however, I could only say three words.

*
*
*

Damn those techies!



Song of the Day:

"Superman - Five For Fighting"

Funny how much I can hurt in my sleep, when I'm generally pain-resistant in my waking hours.
(This is acceptable, but I must not DIE in my dream. ><)

No comments: