Friday, January 22, 2010

Get off my back

Like, please.

I find it damn pissing off when people choose to judge me by the company I keep. First of all, it is none of your business who my friends are.

Secondly, don't you have better things to worry about than who I'm hanging out with?

I'm not having sex, doing drugs, smoking, gambling, getting drunk, anorexic, squandering money or failing in school.

I know parents are always concerned about their child's wellbeing but if your child is coming to no harm or under any bad influences, you should just leave us be.

And also, I think it's fucking rude when people call my friends weird. What gives you the fucking right to do that? Sure, some of them have some quirks and weird behaviour, but no one's perfect right?

What if my friend's sibling called me a freak because I sleep at 6 am and have candy for breakfast?

Fuck you la judgemental people.

It's not an individual friend I'm talking about here but all my friends past and present as a whole.

You find it very easy to tell me to shut up when I'm talking about my friend simply because you have no love for the person, but it is none of your fucking business ok? It's a free fucking country and I'm not even talking to YOU about my friend so don't tell me to shut up.

I don't like your friends but you don't see me telling you to shut up right? So stop rolling your eyeballs and trash talking people I know just because you don't like them.

Even though sometimes things may be rocky between me and my friends, I don't see the necessity to grab that opportunity to talk shit about them. I may whine and groan a bit but I never, ever engage in mudslinging and slandering.

On the other hand, YOU PEOPLE - who don't even KNOW them or know the whole story - think you have the right to tell me that my friends are stupid, hopeless, selfish and BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Even if you don't have respect for them, have some respect for ME. They are MY friends, and if you don't like them then don't go near them. Don't come and tell me I should back the hell off and stay away from them because they are BAD people or STUPID people.

Thanks for showing your confidence in me. You all treat me like a child who is incapable of choosing my friends.

Well, news flash: I'm 18 bloody years old and I can choose who to hang out with.

Don't tell me that they're bringing me down. I'll never stoop to someone's level just to fit in. I can get along perfectly fine being myself thank you.

So save your advice and judgements for when I'm fucking around freely, addicted to drugs and whatnot.

For now I'm just a clean, sober, smoke and drug-free, A-average virgin who wants to have fun with her friends, thank you very much.

P.s. I'm sorry baby for yelling at you. I took things too seriously and felt like you were taking their side. This issue didn't begin today and I guess it was pent-up anger. I'm sorry. Owe you tons of mushes and egg tarts :(

No comments: