Thursday, January 14, 2010

Another chapter

...of my life closed.

I guess people do change. Perhaps it was just a miscommunication, perhaps it wasn't.

But when someone apologizes, I can't hold a grudge against them anymore.

We had a talk and laid things out clearly, and the first thing that jumped out at me was a slight variation in our sides of the story.

From my point of view, I was completely innocent, yet blamed for everything. From her point of view, I had just betrayed her and sided with her ex-boyfriend.

She admitted that she was clouded by emotion at the time, and I accept that. I mean I've always known her as an impulsive and proud person. Of course, that doesn't make her retaliation right, but since she has come to me and apologized I hold no more ill feelings towards her as I once did.

I know it takes a person courage and humility to admit they were at fault, especially after not being on speaking terms with me for half a year. And so, I forgive her.

It pained me at first, losing a friend that I was on the same wavelength with for such a petty thing - I rarely connect to people, girls at least, the way I do with her. But after a while, I stopped caring because it wasn't worth losing my dignity.

However, I'm sincerely glad we managed to patch things up and I hope we can put things behind us once and for all.

I hate reserving ill feelings towards others. It hurts me and grates on my nerves. I'd like to think that I can always be on civil terms with the people I know regardless of how well we like each other.

I hope it's not a mistake opening up old chapters of my life.

I hope my boyfriend can understand that I can take care of myself. :) From emotional AND physical harm. Thank you for caring though. You're one of the few people who can almost read my mind. Almost! :x (Don't worry you'll get better nenenenibubu!)

Also, I hope my other friends can understand why we chose to reignite this friendship. I want to believe that we've both changed and grown over the past year. I want to believe we can be good friends again.

Cheers for optimism and cheers for starting a new year with a clean slate.

No comments: