Saturday, January 09, 2010

: )

I feel so loved.

I couldn't wake up this morning simply because I felt so exhausted and I was in this horrible dark mood and I felt like a kid about to throw a tantrum cause life is so horrible and unfair and shit.

Hello period and all the symptoms that come along with it.

I finally got out of bed around 3.15 and made plans with my bf to go watch Paranormal Activity at night and even got permission from mom to let him stay over after because:

1. It would be quite late already.
2. In case I got scared after the movie and couldn't sleep then at least I can run over and ask for hugs (or vice versa)

Before I clicked 'confirm booking' for the 10.35pm show, I had a bad feeling and called my bf to tell him that I'm not going to prepay online and let's walk in and get tickets since the theatres were quite empty.

One hour later, I was doubled over in agony, hyperventilating and retching over the toilet bowl.

Imagine that you felt like throwing up and it's all up in your throat but nothing comes out and you feel like choking and crying at the same time. Couple that with severe abdominal cramps and hot flushes and chills at the same freaking time. Wtf?

Feeling light headed and 100% awful, I texted my bf to call off our plans, saying that I felt like dying - there's no way I'm even capable of leaving my bed after that, let alone walk to the cinema from the carpark.

Thrashing around in discomfort - staying still resulted in aches and pains all over, moving resulted in extreme nausea and retching - I finally settled down and forced my mind to shut off.

Sleep is my only painkiller - Panadol, menstrual or actifast or whatever just don't do the job for me. I needed an anesthetic swab and FOUR bloody injections just to extract ONE tooth, cause the anesthetic just wasn't taking effect.

And no, I have not become immune to Panadol because I take it too often. Quite the contrary in fact, I've only taken Panadol like three times in my entire life and it has never shown ANY effect even once.

So I learnt over the years when a killer period hits, just stretch out, lie still and force myself to sleep.

I woke up to the sight of my boyfriend walking up the stairs.

I simultaneously felt like crying and smiling in relief but I think I just moaned rather pathetically like a zombie.

He felt my neck, forehead and tummy and proclaimed that I had a high fever.

??? Really? I wouldn't know, I just felt like absolute shit.

He asked the maid for an ice pack, and she presented him with those fragrant towels from restaurants - frozen solid.

Then he iced my down and wrapped me up in a blanket. I drifted in and out of sleep until my fever broke.

And now I'm all better and happy and healthy and running around the house without a problem, but he lost his voice and looks quite worn out.

Awww. I feel a bit bad, tiring him out after his first week of work. Later I realised that it was a bad idea to drag him to watch a movie close to midnight, when I should fully well know that he'd be tired after working everyday AND still managing to drive to my house at night just to accompany me.

T___T

I'm such a bad girlfriend. I wish I could drive over to his place and jaga him back but lord knows I can't drive (YES I'M NINETEEN AND I CAN'T DRIVE) and mom wouldn't let me drive so late at night anyway.

Now I'm watching him hugging his giant tiger plushie to sleep through the webcam.

And I feel glad.

Glad that I found someone who loves me and will take care of me. Glad that I fell in love with him and not some other person who'd take his girlfriend for granted. Glad that he fell in love with me, even though I can be such a pain and be very tiresome.

:) I guess the day wasn't so bad after all.

No comments: