Friday, March 03, 2006

Png. I'm in love again.

Hah! Nah, it's not a certain person, but rather, a certain band.

Poof. I still love Linkin Park!


=( It's been 3 years since LP released their last record, Meteora. But I can't really say I've missed them for THAT long. Especially since I used to hate Linkin Park.

No, really. My sister hated Linkin Park and all their screaming, so what the heck. If SHE doesn't like it, then I don't like it too. I didn't really have my own opinion then. I was just 11.

But the truth is, Linkin Park grows on you. Like a fungus. My mom says it's like sashimi, you have to acquire a taste for them. (I managed to convert her into a Green Day fan, so who knows? miracles happen) After years of listening to the Backstreet Boys, (yes I loved them, up until Never Gone came out, bleargh) Linkin Park was like a kick in the behind.

I just realised there are so many other genres to choose from, other than plain pop. Fact is, I still don't know what to classify LP as: Rap? Rock? Metal? Electronica? Or as their original name and debut album title suggests: A hybrid.

A mutant of all sorts.
A masterpiece.

Up until now, I have not tired of their songs, and I'm proud to say, I own every single one of their albums. =D Thanks Uncle Cheah!

I love their lyrics, they really help me when I'm in one of my moods. Like Don't Stay:

Don't stay
Forget our memories
Forget our possibilities
What you were changing me into

Just gimme myself back and

Don't stay

Forget our memories

Forget our possibilities

Take all your faithlessness with you

Just gimme myself back and

Don't stay

This was when I was trying to change myself for a certain someone, whose identity I will take with me to the grave. Then I realised it just wasn't worth changing yourself for the sake of pleasing someone else who couldn't care less about your wellbeing.

And here is a Linkin Park classic, In The End:

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end

It doesn't even matter

I had to fall

To lose it all

But in the end

It doesn't even matter

You know, I'm so darned weird. This song used to play in my head whenever I really put an effort in something, but failed to acheive what I wanted. Like when I failed BM. Like when I got 1B for my PMR. I tried so hard, yeah I really tried. I got 6As, then what the heck. 3 months after the exam, it doesn't really matter to me anymore.

Like today when I found out I got only 62% for Sejarah, after all that stinking effort put in. Gah! The tune may be a bit more for serious things, but the lyrics hit the nail on the head every, single, freakin' time.

This song below is important to me, for personal reasons. Make fun of it and I'll kick your stinky ass all the way to Iceland. Ask me what my favourite LP song is, and I'll probably say 'P5hng Me A*wy'

I've lied to you

This is the last smile that I'll fake for the sake of being with you

Everything falls apart

Even the people who never frown eventually break down

Everything has to end

You'll soon find we're outta time left to watch it all unwind

The sake of being with you

Everything falls apart

Even the people who never frown eventually break down

The sacrifice is never knowing


Why I stay when you just push away
No matter what you see you're still so blind to me

I love the way it reaches a non-screaming climax in the middle of the song. I used to wake up with this song playing in my head.

And yeah, the computer used to be clogged up with pictures of Linkin Park. But when the computer crashed for the umpteenth time, I didn't bother to get them back, as it was too tiresome and it makes the comp too darned slow to be used.


There was once on Chester's birthday (March 20th) I went on neopets and my signature read: "Mmphm! Ain't gonna talk until you wish Chester a happy birthday!"

Needless to say, this annoyed a great number of people, with many left ignoring me. But I refused to stop my campaign and was joined by a number of LP fans. And the end of the day I collected 28 birthday wishes and I was left with a warm, fuzzy, self-satisfied feeling.

I am so freaking weird.

Anyway, the latest news is in, and I expect LP fans to be super-delighted.

Rolling Stone recently tracked down LP co-frontman Chester Bennington to comment on the new Linkin Park album, from which 50 new songs have already been written, and Chester had this to say;

"It's dark and spooky, poppy and very melodic. Not a hard, heavy rock record. What it is, is fucking insane!"

This seems to contradict Chester's previous statement to MTV.com, where he said "I couldn't go into the studio the next day because of all the screaming I did. There will be A LOT of screaming."

Just to recap, that's "a lot of screaming", and "poppy and very melodic". Formulate your own explanations, I can't.

The album, produced by Rick Rubin, is due out in late summer 06.

-Taken from the LPA

DUE OUT IN LATE SUMMER 06! This year! Yay-hay! And it is expected for them to make a tour and to return to Malaysia for the second time (third, for Mike) to wow their fans. Now, this isn't confirmed, so don't murder me if I am wrong. =O

But when they come here, I will not hesitate giving up a hundred bucks, even TWO hundred just to see them live!

Who's with me?

2 comments:

Denise said...

Maybe you can get free LP posters too! ;)

Anonymous said...

They're Nu Metal.

Shouldsobesleepingargharghargh. Bloody biological clock.