Friday, March 31, 2006

I'm ba-ack!

*pants*

I'm so relieved you wouldn't believe!

First the lightning strikes and leaves me with a dead monitor. Then Dell DARED to replace it with a 'refurbished', meaning SECOND-HAND-BROKEN-DOWN-THEN-REPAIRED screen.

&$%*!

I'm not cursing, because my ketua HEM said if they caught us CBNers saying anything vulgar, she would write it on a piece of paper and make us pin it on our uniform for the rest of the day.

Though I think it would be uber-cool to have 'fuck' pinned all over our uniforms. Oops, just cursed. Too bad I'm not in school. =P

Ok, ok. So the second screen breaks down and starts winking out every 2 seconds. My dad called Dell up and verbally bashed them (ok, not really) until they agreed to send over a BRAND-SPANKING NEW model straight from the factory in Penang.

*smirk*

But because they had to ship all the way from Penang, it took...4, 5 days? Can't remember. I was ecstatic when it came. I happily hopped onto the chair and started playing again. THEN, the unthinkable happened:

My internet connection terputus!

Damn, I thought. Cursing Jaring with everything I knew, I did the usual unplugging and replugging of the wireless receptor.

But, NOTHING WORKED! I wanted to cry.

A very cliched scene in my household:

Dad calls up company to complain. Company stalls and tries to pacify angry Dad. Arguments ensue. Lowly clerks were rude and tried to blame us. Sent in a complaint. Got computer-generated response. BAH!

FINALLY, my dad furiously wrote a hand-delivered letter to the CEO and they restored our connection. Yippee!

So...yeah. I'm back in business! Well, not really a business, since I'm not getting anything out of this, sadly. =(

***
On another note, it's cute John-a-thon-thon's birthday tomorrow! An April Fool! ...I just realised I don't know how old he is. o_O Ah well.

Tomorrow is also our beloved *note the sarcasm* school's Sports Day. I'm not going. Haha.

Why on earth should I get up at 6.30 am on a Saturday, and wear my horribly fuzzy cherry red T-shirt and go to a stiflingly hot stadium and cheer on people I don't even like in a pathetic attempt to show school spirit? BAH! Not to mention, I think my house is going to lose for the goodness-knows how many time in a row.

*pokes you in the eye*

What am I going to talk about now? =( Haven't blogged for more than a week and I have nothing to say. Sadla, got no inspirasi.

Oh yeah! I'm gonna do what I said I'm gonna do: Steal Megan's idea for song of the day!

Actually, I've been wanting to do that for ages. Putting a song of the day into my sidebar just seemed like a pain in the ass, what with updating it seperately and all. Then yeah, it hit me that I should just stick it in the end of every post. -_-'' Durr.

So yeah, today I'm loving:

"Afterglow - INXS"

JD sounds...I can't put it in words. =O

No comments: