Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Oh.My.GOD!!!

I just got back from the Fort Minor concert! (Would you please look at the time)

I want to laugh.
I want to cry.
I want to SCREAM!

Fort Minor was unbelievable, it almost makes me wish that they'd come out with a sophomore album. Only that'd delay LP's next album even more.

Anyway, I got there around 8pm. We drove through the back door (VIPs mah =D) and we entered the arena. It wasn't nearly as crowded as the Simple Plan concert, there were a lot of people hanging around outside the arena.

Uncle Cheah said he was going to meet the band, *pants* and walks off. Kevin and I trail behind a bit hesitantly. Then U Cheah started chatting with some Hotlink people, and we wandered off. K said he was going to meet some friends, so I went to find Belinda.

We edged toward the front. The crowd was much more polite this time, no shoving involved. I got in fantastic shots of Tak and Cheapshot, but not Mike and Ryu because they couldn't keep still!

By the way, Mike looks older and has put on weight. xD Poor workaholic. =( Take some time off producing albums and come to Malaysia with the rest of the crew!

I felt really great throughout the concert, no one fainted and I came prepared with lots of water.

Then when the concert ended, I whipped out my NEW (ok, second-hand-new) handphone and tried to contact Uncle Cheah to get us backstage.

I finally found him and Auntie Christine waving in the bleachers.

"Why did you run away? I thought we were going to meet the band!" says U Cheah.

*starts blubbering*

"But...but, I didn't KNOW!!!"

(I was shouting very loudly as we were all still deaf)

I started hyperventilating.

"Let's go find them NOW!" *puppy dog eyes*

"But now I don't know where they are already..."

CRAP!!!

We walked back to the car, and got my school bag and stuff. Then Uncle Cheah was like,

"Here, give you lah!"

The Meet and Greet passes! Alas! If only it were 2 hours earlier! *sob*

I gratefully accepted it anyway. (Though I was probably still blubbering and seemed very distraught)

I gave one of the passes to Bel and walked back to the car to put my bag. Then I had a great idea.

"Let's stalk the band! I want to meet them ANYWAY!"

So after dumping my stuff in the car, we headed back to the arena to find a huge crowd cheering. I got there in time to see Ryu's retreating back. HE'S GONE!

Then I noticed.

There may be no Ryu, but there certainly is MIKE, CHEAPSHOT and TAK! Woohoo! There they were greeting the fans and signing autographs! I was so close to Mike I could just reach out and poke him in his cute button nose. But I decided not to, as there were 3 scary-looking security guys flanking him.

I got my VIP pass signed. I was giddy-happy, though there still is an empty spot were Ryu's sig should have been. =(

DJ Cheapshot was really cute, chattering away to the fans. But it didn't take a genius to figure out that nearly everyone was there for Mike.

Hard-core LP fans, we are.

Mike was sullen, sad to say. =( He was really hyper and awesome on stage, but that most likely drained the life out of him. I could understand his weariness though.

"MIKE! Sign this!!"
"MIKE! I want your T-shirt!"
"MIIIIIKE!!! Give me your towel!!!!!!!!!!"

(Cheapshot only got asked for his cap. He politely refused, saying the last time he did that, he regretted it so much as he had nothing to cover up his hat hair. xD)

Geez. I would've been fed up to. Stupid fangirls/guys. There was this girl too:

*clutches Gatorade can*

"OH. MY. GOD!!! I've got Mike's can! MIKE'S CAN!!! I've got his DNA!!!!"

In front of him too. If I were him I'd be so weirded out. OR I'd just spit in the girl's face. I bet she'd never wash it after that.

But there is one consolation! Linkin Park is MOST LIKELY coming to Malaysia!!! I will not make the same mistake. Uncle Cheah said He'll get me tix and meet and greet passes! I WILL meet the band, get my pass signed, hug each and everyone of them, AND have my picture taken with them too. So there.

I will glue myself to Uncle Cheah next time. Linkin Park is my favourite, favourite band and if I miss them...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still delirious, so the post ends here. Oh yeah, Cammie died on me, so the pictures are with Bel. Will post them up once I receive them. =)

P.s Here are the songs they played:

They started with Remember The Name, followed by:
-It's Going Down
-Mr. Brown
-Medley
-It's Going Down
-Get It
-Petrified
-Feel Like Home
-Where'd You Go
-In Stereo
-Cigarettes (Acapella! =O Ok, so the crowd sang along too)
-High Road (YES!)
-Red to Black
-There They Go
-Numb/Encore! (That was their encore song)
-They ended with Believe Me. =)

The string section also played a superb version of Usher's Yeah! Don't ask me how they did it, but it was wicked! They also played another song, but I can't remember the name. (No pun intended =D)

Btw people, next single is Remember The Name *scream* followed by Petrified. Watch for them!

P.p.s. I saw one of the band vehicles on the way home! But only the string section was there. =(

P.p.p.s. (Crap, I keep adding stuff) DJ Cheapshot came out alone for about 15 minutes and started playing by himself as the band was delayed. He did great, but was worried he was crap. AS IF!

P.p.p.p.s Mmphmpt! I forgot to add that they performed and dedicated Enth E nd to the LP fans. =D

No comments: