Saturday, July 26, 2008

More hands-on work ;D

Jon's birthday is tomorrow and his party's scheduled for tonight.

It's been a long time since any one I know has thrown a birthday party - or in this case, had one thrown for him - so I'm a bit rusty at thinking up ideas for presents. Normally I just take them out for cake and drinks and even if I buy presents - it's normally for girls.

And wtf, all my guy friends are no help either.

"Eh, what would you like to receive as a birthday present?"

"Eheheh, I don't know."
"Socks?"
"Erm..."
"No need to buy present one lar!"
"Cigarettes? Donno lar." *attention goes back to handphone *

mad So helpful, eh?

And I couldn't even make jewellery like I did for Viv.

So I made what I made for my sister years ago when I was a kid.


A notebook! ;D

I figured everyone could use a notebook.
Some like to take notes, some like to doodle, and some like to rip pages out to do their working for maths or whatever.

Last night, I asked Sherman what Jon's favourite colour is.
He said he doesn't know pula -_-
"...I think it's red?"

Actually, I had no intention to make anything for him. In fact, this morning at 10 I was supposed to wake up and follow my sister to KLCC to hunt down a present...but being me, I slept at 4 am and refused to get up. rolleyes

"Wake up! Aren't you coming?"

*mumblemumblestretch*
"I'll just make him something."

*rolls over*

Ironically, I couldn't go back to sleep after that. -_-

I spent roughly 15 minutes hunting down the tools I had in mind - I abandoned the idea of getting a compass after 5 minutes of unfruitful searching and drew free hand instead - then I chatted with Joshie for a while and got straight to work.

2 hours later:


Hahaha. Look at the mess!

Bahan-bahan yang diperlukan:

- Art block: Front and back cover
- A4 paper: Filler pages
- Swiss army knife: To cut the A4 papers in half
(Lazy to find a proper cutter, was so terrified of slicing myself - but apart from clipping a bit of flesh while sliding the blade back in, I'm completely unharmed. Phew.)

- Colour pencils: For colouring!
- o.1/o.6 mm felt tip pens: Outline and page numbering
- 2B pencil: Initial sketch
- Ruler: Help to draw and colour black border + star
- Red CD marker: Colour 'notebook'
(for lack of better tools)

- Scissors: To cut cool
- Glue: To glue secondary layer to the front cover to hide pen-marks that seeped through the front page
- Puncher: To punch holes for binding
- Red ribbon: To bind
- Cellophane tape: To tape the ends of the ribbon so I can thread it easily through the holes
- Silver marker: To colour the star and 'Jon's'

- Secondary moral notes booklet: The plastic cover of which I ripped off and cut to size razz

Whee. By the end of the two hours my wrist was shaking a bit - I have weak wrists. sad
That is my excuse for the pictures being slightly blur.
And also for my crap handwriting. mrgreen

Okay, I'm gonna save this as draft first and publish it later cause I want the birthday boy to see his present first.
Besides my mom (opinion,) maid (ironing out the ribbon) and sis (just wanna show, lol.)
...And god forbid, by some miracle he happens to discover his own surprise party. -_-''

*yawn*
I think I'm going to be all sleepy at the party later.
Maybe I'll go take a nap, just in case. biggrin

Otherwise, later they'll say looking at me makes them feel sleepy again, lol.
sad

No comments: