Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Gloom

Still gloomy, despite sharing an earthquake at Swensen's with Viv + others.
An earthquake is 8 scoops of ice cream with toppings, in case you didn't know already.

We saw an accident/homicide just 2 minutes away from Taylor's.
The area was roped off with yellow crime scene tape, and that was when we knew it was no ordinary accident.

As Ngai Hao (sp?) drove past slowly - being flagged down by police for inspection, not out of mere kaypohness - I saw the forensics unit on site.

The forensics vehicle looked like an ice cream truck.

There was a body of an Indian man on the floor - at least, that's what they told me.
I didn't see any corpse of any sort, nor did I want to.

There was a handgun beneath the vehicle.
...Unless I've played too much CS and was imagining things.

The place was crawling with spectators and the authorities.

It's funny how people can stand about feeling mostly curiosity and excitement while someone lies dead on the road.

Can't say I wasn't one of them.

It sucks that the world has become so desensitized; it's just another death, another news sensation.

"Are we driving past the crime scene again?" I asked enthusiastically.

I cringe slightly as I recall that scene. But there isn't much remorse.

We can't bleed for every death in the world, can we?
If we did, the world would be a dark, dark, place indeed. sad

Life goes on.

Lim says he wants to kill himself, but is too scared of the pain.
I dismiss it. He would do no such thing.

I understand that he's sad.
I'm sad too.

Killing yourself over grief is utterly pointless, however.
If taking your own life when your loved one dies becomes a custom, the world would end in weeks, if not days.

A lifeless planet soaked in death and sorrow.

Sounds like a cheesy line out of a fantasy novel. mad

Sigh.
I love you, and you, and you, and you.

Sleep well.

Good night.

No comments: