Thursday, August 07, 2008

Happy fangirl mode~


As some of you may know, I'm a fan of the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer (waha.)

Breaking Dawn, the 4th book in the twilight saga, was released on August the 2nd. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! However, I have yet to see a hardcover copy in any bookstore yet - TELL ME IF YOU DO! (This isn't the cover, it's a picture of the queen in chess.)

On another note, being a so-so-ok-lar-and-not-rabid-frothing-at-the-lips kind of fan, I have just only discovered the Twilight movie promo posters. It's set to be released in December this year.



Rosalie, Jasper, Alice, Edward and Emmett.


Alice, Emmett, Bella, Edward, Rosalie and Jasper.


Hero and heroine: Edward and Bella


Official tagline: When you can live forever, what do you live for?

(Kind of weak and boring, but that's just in my opinion neutral)

If you think Edward looks kind of familiar, that's probably because you've already seen him before.

Robert Pattinson

Ring a bell?


The boy whom many of my ex-classmates weeped for when he died in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?
Cedric Diggory?
Remember now?

Waha. Thought so. wink

Personally, I'm impressed by the casting of Bella, Rosalie, Alice and Emmett.

Jasper...kind of...failed la. He looks like some creepy pervert with awful hair; not a calming, soothing personality with blood-resistance issues.

As for Edward Cullen, the boy even I drooled for while reading the book...ok la.
I guess Pattinson had huge boots to fill - Edward is almost perfect. =x

I don't even know why so many people romanticize vampires - supposedly they like to rip out humans' throats and eat us alive.

Still, there's a fascinating allure about them that makes them so easy to fall in love with - merely the idea of them makes me excited. I like stories of vampires.
mrgreen

Somehow, Edward Cullen didn't strike me as the sort of person who had bad-boy, come-and-get-me looks.
More of the passive type you wouldn't wanna pick a fight with.

Hmm. I can't wait for the movie to be released so I can go and watch it.

I look forward to it, as I always do with any of my favourite books that are made into movies; I can see the characters alive and moving like they are in my head when I'm reading the novel.

But I also dread the idea that the director may have butchered the story.
It has such intense story-telling - my heart really ached for Bella when Edward wasn't by her side - that may or may not be portrayed well in the movie.

I have only read the whole series once.

Last year, in September I believe. Since then I've had an almost neverending flow of new books, so I have yet to reread the book, much as I keep telling myself that I'll get round to it.

Now that the 4th book has been released, I'm going to be very diligent and start from book 1 again to savour the plot. rolleyes

That is, after I finish reading my current book - Sara's face by Melvin Burgess.
It proving to be quite cool so far.
Plastic surgery. Rock stars. A girl with a mind of her own.

twisted I'm going to finish it tonight!

...After studying for IT.

crycrycry Potong.

No comments: