Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Uncertainty

So, I got a letter from RMIT saying that they're holding my application for my first choice - Digital Art - until I can submit a folio of 15 pieces of my work.

=.=?

I asked the placement center staff in charge of RMIT and she said that folios are only needed if you wanted to transfer credit blablabla, SAM students no need etcetc.
-_-

So now I have to rush my folio - at least 15 pieces of drawings/paintings/sculptures/short stories/scripting/films/animation/graphic design that showcases my conceptual and technical skills.

Good lord.
I must submit them ASAP and I don't really have ANYTHING yet.

Just now I rushed a short story - I planned to do about 5 each of short stories, drawings and paintings.
I let Nick and Ling read it and they both came up with similar comments.


Nick:
Nice style of writing/plot development but quite emotionless

Ling:
Lack of feeling, short ending


Lol. I have no feeling.
sad

Anyway, I was using the narrative method which I'll be using tomorrow for my 400-word-max text production exam. So, I have trouble evoking any sort of feeling while writing as a third-person. The way I write it is more like a neutral observer merely narrating the sequence of events.


It ended 1k+ words long - way too long to post here, so if you wanna take a peep just message me.
redface All criticisms accepted.

I'm having serious doubts about my future education. The whole portfolio issue is giving me scary thoughts. crycry

Here I am, a science stream student with commerce education and absolutely ZILCH art fundamentals up against people who probably dedicated half their lives (or at least free time) to art.
*tremble*

Sniff.

I can't even draw a human in the correct proportions.

I can't colour.

I can't shade.

I can't paint.
I can't draw folds of clothing.

I can't texture hair.

I can't use photoshop.

I don't know how to use a tablet properly.


OMG what have I gotten myself into?


I mean, I'd love to learn, but I'm gonna be like at the bottom of the class.

Wtf. For the first time in my life.


*changes topic*

I (along with a few other people) got 10/14 for out maths project - highest in our class.
;D
But actually our class just sucks - other classes got 12 as their highest. -.-


This was a 3 days group assignment, 4th day individual. My whole group got 7 or 8. =.=
Shows how much I let them copy my work. On the last day they probably killed the paper. Swt.


But I feel better to be - at the very least - on par with the smart-alecks in my class.
mrgreen
At least I know I'm roughly on track and not falling far behind.


I got 17.5/20 for my econs essay.
mrgreenmrgreenmrgreen
(Have I said that before? Whatever, I'm happy with it so I'll say it again!)


Today I returned to Ftz after 1 week of holidays.


It doesn't feel like home.
...Did you think I was going to say otherwise? Hehe.
razz

I was so sleepy I almost fell asleep on the table.
But with Ying and Vivi CSing it's kind of hard to stay sleepy.

I decided to use a handgun for the whole day today. cool I don't really know why. I just find the desert eagle so pretty. rolleyes



And also, I think it's the only handgun who can OHKO with a headshot - which is good. I miss a lot so every shot counts - and it only has a 7 bullet capacity so I have to reload super often. =.=

I mostly died reloading today.
Hah.

I think my Kill-Death ratio was roughly 2:3 which was surprising, cause I usually get worse even when using rifles.
Maybe I've improved over the holidays? Hmm. There are certainly more headshots! mrgreen

And yes, I got knifed to death AGAIN.
I think I have been identified as a CS noob in Ftz. Wtf.
See me liao they sure take out the knife and chopchopchop me to death.
cry

At least Cloudy was on my team today - he makes it a ritual to knife me at every oppurtunity.
=.=

And goodness knows from where some person was watching us play today.
Idiot kept talking to us.

Don't sit like that la, not good.

Wa, msn while playing? Pro o.
Wa, bunnie so naughty keep play people's handgun hehe.

Literally it means 打手枪 which means masturbating.
Wtf.

=.=
At first I ignored the fella - Wen Jie has made me nearly immune to these kinds of remarks. (There's one joke about a 'washing machine,' maybe I'll tell you another time.) Then Viv was like "stop trying to flirt la, so disgusting =.="

He didn't talk much after that. Problem solved. Lol.

And over the holidays I have developed a habit of typing NOOOOOOOOOOOO or WHYYYYYYY or SKJFGJHGFJBSJ whenever I die.
I'm starting to annoy myself but it's almost automatic now. mad

Bad habit. Ptooey!


Also, I have gotten into the habit of afk-ing during the first 10 minutes or so of DotA games to go and shower.
LOL.


It drives some people nuts, but most of my friends are ok with it. biggrin
It gives them 2 solo lanes (4 heroes/3 lanes ma) while I'm busy scrubbing myself in the shower. Then I come back and I get to solo to level up.


This is providing, of course, that the opponents aren't too aggressive or I'd start dying and dying and dying.


And I STILL feel so bad that Wen Jie, Chia and Jon doubt my chinese education.

They said my accent is so cute - like a malay or angmoh TRYING to speak chinese.

WTF!


6 years (including kindergarten) of chinese education gone to waste.
-_-
Bananas ftw.


我的华语那么差吗?

sad All you chinese-speaking dudes out there please come and converse with me in mandarin.
I'm trying to do that with Chia and Jie now but they end up laughing at me eventually.
Zzz.

That day Wen Jie made his little cousin come on Skype and ask me:


"姐姐会讲华语吗?"

(Jiejie can you speak chinese?)

I felt like killing Jie.

"Er...一点点...可以 gua..."
(Er, a little bit, can gua...)

Nick:
"哦,我会讲华语的. 妹妹别担心!"

(O, I can speak chinese, don't worry meimei)

I felt like killing him too! evil

Like that la! Make fun of me lor...now allow me to blind you with my engerish!

RAWRRR!

*acts nonchalant but is sad inside*

cry

1 comment:

YL said...

it's not that you dont have emotions.

you're just plain lazyyyyyy.

ladidaaaa

xP