Tuesday, May 16, 2006

0:-) I'm procrastinating.

I read a couple more chapters of Carl Hiaasen's Basket Case (which has the same name as one of my favourite songs, and is also a great book so far). Then I took a 2 hour nap. Not feeling refreshed at all, I proceed to eat my lunch that had been sitting on the table for 5 hours. Then I fiddle around with neopets, did a couple more of the friendster survey thingies, and here I am, blogging.

Because there's Bio tomorrow. I hate studying Bio. I thought studying how the body works was fun, until they made us learn about different types of cells. I mean,
who even cares what kind of cells we have? - as Abi so profoundly put it. We're living, we're breathing...heck, that's good enough for me!

Now, we have to study organelles! Which are little systems that make the cell function, which are little systems that make your body function. -_-'' So wu liao.

Anyway, I think my overconfidence is gaining the upperhand again. I've been fighting to keep it down for years, even to the extent of studying for Literature last year, which now I remember.

"I'd die a pathetic little whore before I feel the need to study English."

Ok, that's it. I'm gonna die a pathetic little whore.

...I should really think before I speak, but that's an inbuilt defect in Stephanie's oh-so-reliable body.

Today, I felt like snorting out loud when I saw the essay choices for English. But that would have been to unladylike for my teacher. I'd hate to be the COD of anyone, much as I hate them.

1. Parents don't spend enough time with their children. What is your opinion on the matter?
2. My Dream Car.
3. Describe a person whom you admire.
4. Write a story which ends with: "...and tears of joy filled his eyes."
5. Memories.

I was like, 'THESE, are our exam choices?' Gee. No wonder people say english is easy.
Everyone can relate to number one, especially with all the emo teenies around going 'Oh boohoohoo...my parents don't love me, so I'm gonna do drugs, dye my hair purple and start wearing fishnets so they'll pay more attention to me!'

I was really tempted to write number 2, as it's practically a free pass to bullshit all you like, and the examiner can't do a thing about it. However, I didn't want to piss Miss Anusha off with the first english essay of the year, tempting as it may seem.

Number 3...stupid essay we've been trained to write since standard one. -_-'' No further comment.

My first impulse was to take the 4th option. Then I imagined the rest of the class writing stupid, sentimental and cliched love stories and I decided not to contribute to the teacher's headache.

I can just imagine:

Lisa's and John's eyes met.

"Sister, I have finally found you, after all these years...do you remember me?"

"Oh, there's no doubt about that, dearest brother. You face has been etched in my memory ever since we parted; how could I forget you?"

"Oh Lisa, I love you so much!"

"And I you."

They embraced...
and tears of joy filled his eyes.

Feel like projectile vomiting, no? -_-''

Unsurprisingly, both Sabrina and Siew Lei chose this option so that they can write long epic tales of love, life, and death.

Feel like throwing up my mushroom soup already.

So anyway, I took the last option - Memories. One would expect me to break into a long tasteless essay about how I baked my first cake, or built my first sandcastle...but no.

I totally did a blog style post. =P I know I'm risking my English grade here, but seriously, I don't care. I'm so darned cocky.

I figure, after 8 years of perfect As, I can put my ass on the line for a little creative freedom. I dare you to fail me, Miss Anusha. Mwahahaha!

I cracked a few subtle, sick jokes:
Imagine having no memory. Imagine waking up one day, not knowing who you are, not knowing what happened yesterday...or wait, whose bed did you just wake up in?
Ha. Ha. my grammar and punctuation is completely out. But yeah, I hope the weirdness of the whole essay goads my teacher into overlooking those faults. =P

Damn cocky.

But the prize for overconfidence undoubtedly goes to Miss...Yap Yi Ling!

Freaking cocky girl decided to take a nap during the exam - before she finished her paper! What's more, she woke up and finished her summary with loads of time to spare.

Scary or not, I ask? Imagine you falling asleep on your test paper, then waking up to your incredulous teacher asking for your test pad...and finding nothing but a puddle of drool there!

O_O


Song of the Day:

"Personal Jesus - Marilyn Manson"

Oh. No reason, no reason.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Taking risks are OK. Only if it's English essays. Why your topics so primary school wan? Hahaha.. Actually, if I remember correctly the topic I wrote for my SPM 1119 Paper was 'Friends'. Have to risk boring the examiners with all the cliched stuff also la. 1119 you know. Don't play-play :P But the others required too much thinking for me. So I just chose the easy one, can't go wrong there.