Friday, May 12, 2006

Aiyo.

Damn emo la.

I have a cold, and I'm sniffing like hell. So what better way to complete the emo picture than to insert a little crease in the forehead, and a petulant pout?

*pout*

I'm sick! Waahh! T_T

***

I've always thought that Noel was the lead singer and Liam the guitarist of Oasis. But no...wikipedia says, and I quote:

The band is currently led by principal songwriter and lead guitarist Noel Gallagher and his younger brother lead vocalist/songwriter Liam Gallagher, who are the only remaining original band members. It should be noted that on certain tracks, Noel handles lead vocals.

So,
Liam = Singer
Noel = Guitarist

Oh.

I shouldn't argue with JL over these things. Because I'm always wrong when it comes to remembering band member's names. Like that day at Sunway, I couldn't remember a single member of the Click Five's names.

-_-''

People say that only smart people have good memory. What does this imply? ...I don't wanna think about it. I'm so deep in the doldrums. Exams are coming.

When I don't want to study, I'm forced to.
When I actually DO want to study, I'm down with the flu.

How fair is that? Anyway, I went to school today for the sole purpose of handing in my Bio Peka (and ping-pong article). Then I realised that I had hardly any mistakes and could've given it to my teacher on Tuesday, and stayed home to sleep today.

So stupid. I slept through Sejarah today. Teacher didn't even bother to wake me, seeing my horrible state.

...Glasses slipping down my nose, torn jacket zipped up tight, hair in every direction, crumpled tissues in my hand. And letting out the occasionally explosive sneeze.

I hate being sick.

At least, I hate colds. I'd much rather be down with a fever where there are no excess bodily fluids...not to mention the fact that all I have to do is wrap myself uptight in a blanket and sleep it off. Now I'm stuck, using up many, many boxes of tissue and with a red nose.

*bawls*

Due to the...err, leakage of my nose, I had to cancel my guitar class today. Like my teacher isn't so sien with me already. I mean, imagine having a student learning what one would in a year in just 2 or 3 months, THEN spending the following weeks mimicking a zombie who stumbled upon a guitar by accident.

I just don't practise enough. And I can't improvise. I mean, there are like, over a hundred frets on that smooth expanse of wood, which means over 100 notes. And I'm supposed to pick 12 and compose a melody out of those 12.

It's not like I'm given time too. He'll say something like:

"Ok, improvise using the C minor pentatonic scale."

First, I'd take an eternity to figure out what the hell a C minor pentatonic scale is.
Then, decide WHICH of the three minor pentatonic scales to use.
After that, I'll have to locate the scale on the fretboard.
Then, I'm supposed to follow whatever my teacher plays on the piano and compose a melody.
Which, may I add, cannot end until he says so!

It's enough to make me cry. Really, it is.

*cries*

"Steph, you have to break away from your classical upbringing...if not you'll never be able to play rock guitar!"

o_O Wtf? Classical upbringing? T_T Sure, I can sight-read notes and beats, no problem.

But I need a score to do it! How can you expect me to compose a melody out of 12-notes at my teacher's beck and call?

My teacher would then proceed to demonstrate improvisation. The whole time of which I'd stare blankly into space and wonder whether the torture will ever end.

"See? It may sound like crap, but you have to try!"

Snapping out of my reverie, I'd then realise that nice melody was actually his improvisation...which he called CRAP! I'm like, if THAT's crap, there is no word to describe mine!

How is that supposed to make me feel better??

-_-''

I don't know how those rock stars do it. I think they prepare and practise their riffs first, then go on stage and pretend it's all spontaneous to impress the crowd.

Ok, I have to stop moaning. It's probably good for my emotional wellbeing, but definitely not good for my blog.

Then, I stop and wonder. Why on earth shouldn't I blog about sad stuff?
It's MY blog right? I can blog whatever the hell I want! IF you don't want to read it, get your judgmental ass out of here.

Seriously.

I started blogging for my own purposes. (I can type much faster than I write.) Now I'm supposed to blog about what people like to read?

That's shit man. I mean, if you're a people blogger like Yap, (see? I linked you! Finally!) yeah, watch what you're talking about or someone named Harry or Shamsul (*snickers*) might stumble upon your blog by accident and expose your dirty true selves to the world.

But if I blog just to keep track of my life and to let out steam, I shouldn't have to watch what I write about, right? That's why I don't tell people about my blog, unless they ask.

Hell knows what embarrassment I'll go through if I go around making people read my blog and end up boring them to death. o_o

So yeah, if you don't like my blog, jump off the bandwagon now.

Go on, I don't want to see your sorry behind here.

Really.

...Or maybe I'm just over-emo today. I don't know.

Maybe I never will.


Song of the Day:

"What's The Story Morning Glory? - Oasis"
All your dreams are made...Now you're chained to the mirror and your razor blade...
What's the story morning glory?

-drowning in emoness-

Don't mind me.

3 comments:

YL said...

wtf.....
grrr...
i said few thousand times...

YL said...

ok...that wasnt a good comment...

stop being emo!!!!

emo posts are not nice!!

=P

snowbunnie said...

Excuuuuuuuuse me, who was the one who posted a few hundred thousand emo psots about her beloved band, huh?

Pot calling the kettle black. =P

Neway, flu's gone. Left with a sore throat and a Cyndi Lauper-ish voice.