Thursday, March 20, 2008

#444

Sei sei sei!

Ahaha.
More evidence of my blurness.
Having slept at 3 am last night this morning again, it was no wonder a good 85% of my brain cells were hibernating.

After I got in the car, I noticed something was missing.

Eh? Where's my file?

I normally hold it close to me as I nap in the car. Now I couldn't sleep cause it's absence made me feel uneasy. T_T

But 3.5 hours of sleep eventually overcame mental conditioning and I fell asleep thinking about how Mr. Madhavan would kill me for not bringing my photocopied SPM slip AGAIN.

I was only 2 roads away from home, but I couldn't be bothered to tell the driver to turn around so I could pick it up.

A good thing too, as I would be able to see later on.

About 7.45, my phone started ringing - waking me up from my delicious nap.

"Helllloooo?"
"Stephanie?"

A male voice. An unknown number.

"Uh ha?"
"Oh! You left your file behind!"
"I did...oh yeah!"
"I'm at D26, come and get it =D"
"Oh. Kay. I'll come over later."
"Aight."

Thinking:

Wadafak the fella opened my file and got my contact!

But then that's why I put it there in the first place - knowing my own capacity for forgetfulness.
My name and contact are written inside my Taylor's college planner - I assumed the guy opened it to look for a contact. (Benefit of the doubt; I'm trying to think the best of everyone T_T")

I arrived at college 5 minutes late, so I decided to hop on over to D26 after my first class.
(I had no idea I left it behind yesterday - my last class of the day was at D26; I thought I left it at home)

-knock knock-

I peeked around the door.
The lecturer glanced up at me and smiled.

"Yes?"
"Oh hey, I just came to get my file...?"

I outlined a rectangle with my index fingers.

"Ok sure!"

The people in the class were staring at me - not surprising, I looked horribly stoned and bedraggled.

Swarna later commented that my face turned from a complete blank page into complete anger.

I gave the class a rapid glance over.
In 0.0003476 seconds I located my file - blue with the bright orange of the Taylor's planner standing out on one side.

In 0.0003485 seconds I registered that 2 guys turned around and gave the guy holding my file a 'AHA SCREWED!' look.

In 0.0003499 seconds my vapid expression changed to one of practised controlled fury as I stalked to the back of the classroom and held my hand smartly out for my file.

The poor guy holding it looked positively cowed.

He fumbled with the clasps as he tried to shut it with half the contents spilling out - asshole! GR!
I just stood there with my right hand extended as he tried frantically to shut the file.

"My file. Please."

He banged it shut quickly and handed it over wordlessly, not even daring to meet my eyes.

"Thanks."

I gave him one last withering glare and stalked out of the room, feeling all eyes on me as I pulled the classroom door shut with my foot - a practised move that is almost certain to slam the door shut with a l0ud and resounding BANG, given that the correct amount of force is applied.

=/

I say: Thank you for calling me and letting me know that my file had been found.

But that does NOT give divine right to OPEN my file and rifle through the contents like it BELONGS to you.

There are test papers, private contact details, homework, and not to mention my SPM slip inside - all highly personal stuff that you should NOT be looking through at all.

Yes, he had to open it to find a name and number - but that was more than an HOUR ago.
Why the HELL was he STILL going through my stuff being fully aware that the owner would be coming to pick it up any moment?

-_-

Swarna was amused to see that even huge teenage boys recoil before my angry aura.
This is where Viv and I differ - she's relentless with her verbal onslaught; but I prefer a more subtle method (that does not work online, much to my chagrin.)

Both methods work - but I don't trust myself as much with my tongue when I'm pissed.
I HAVE said things I regret in moments of anger before.

So yesh.

That darned idiot.
And his bloody darned accomplices who knew FULLY well that he shouldn't have done what he did yet did not try to stop him at all.

...

RAWR!

***

Yesterday, I was being super blur as usual in the library.
I went there with my thumb drive to print my Accounts homework.

I bent down to find 2 CPUs - one mine, one belonged to the computer next to mine.

Hmmm...
Bottom one should be mine! I have the second computer after all.

But that's where my mind was totally screwed up.
Two computers side by side.
And SOMEHOW, I counted from the right instead of from the conventional left - so my computer on the left became the SECOND computer.

-______-

Anyway, I plugged my thumbdrive in.
Stared at my screen for a few seconds.

Nothing?

I touched my nose and squinted in confusion.

Then I stole a glance at the computer next to me.

"Ooo shit. ><"

The guy blinked at me amusedly as little notices popped up all over his work announcing 'USB Device has been found' and 'Hard disk drive has been found.'

"Argh, sorry! ^^"

I wrenched the blasted thing out of the CPU immediately and stabbed it aggressively into the correct one.

The guy looked at me trying not to laugh, and smiled.

Oh God.
What a nice smile.
I love geeks. T____T

Melting ever so slightly, I booted up MS Excel and went back to my dreary college girl existence. Sigh.

***

Somewhere above, I mentioned the door shutting kick move.

Being such a kind and generous soul, (also a wu liao one =/) I shall now teach it to you! =)

I shall use a door that opens inward and to the right as an example.


First, you open the door with using the doorknob.

Preferably, use your right hand - using your left hand to pull it open wide would result in looking like you were trying to elbow/punch yourself in the gut - unsightly indeed. (Also defeating the whole purpose of this exercise: trying to look cool and effortless HAHA)

If the door is already slightly ajar, stick your right foot into the crack and nudge it open.
(Force varying on how quickly you want to complete the maneuver: Nudge it hard if you want to get it over quick, or gently to allow more control over the door.)

Take a step to the left, moving slightly forward.
The a step to the right, also moving diagonally forward into the space between the door and the wall.

Now, this part requires a bit of practice.

With your weight concentrated on your right foot, point your left foot backward like a ballerina's.

Make sure that your left foot is straightened enough, then crook it slightly to hook it around the base of the door, then snap your foot quickly inward at the ankle - from a straightened position towards your shin that is.

VITAL INFORMATION:

When doing this, make sure you STEP OUT of the room PROMPTLY.
Otherwise you may suffer the same way Sheng did today as he tried the same maneuver - he slammed the door on himself.

-________-''

With practice, you can shut the door behind you seamlessly as you walk forward - without using your hands at all!

=) It looks pretty cool if executed well.

If your judgement is good, you can estimate how much force to snap your foot inward so that the door will close just nicely, or slam shut loudly instead.

Perfect for showing off your current mood, as I did today. =/

Troubleshooting:

1. Slamming your foot in the door

After snapping your foot inwards, quickly step OUT of the room, o smart one.
Why slam the door shut and leave your foot in there?
Masochist is it?

2. Your foot slipping on the door, resulting in the door banging open backward embarassingly

MAKE sure, you hook your foot around the door PROPERLY.
It helps if you have nice rubbery shoes to provide more friction, but that is not to say it cannot be done barefoot as well.

3. Slamming your body in the door

Agility, my dear friend.
Get OUT of the room FAST before the door closes on you. -__-

Alternatively, you can nudge the door open gently and snap your foot inward only a minute fraction of a centimetre (redundant, to emphasize my point) so the door swings shut slowly and gracefully - allowing you more time to make your exit.

An not abruptedly and forcefully as your chest/crotch/anybodypartthatsticksoutandisnowcrying inpain can attest to.

4. The door slamming in your face

It might be wise to stand a considerable distance from the door as you open it.

5. Falling facefirst into the ground outside the room, after tripping over door and subsequently having it bang shut on your ass

You're beyond the point of hope.
No suggestions here.

---

Now, shoo!
Go practise and show me!

XD


Song of the Day:

"Call Me - Blondie"

Another pointless post to distract myself from the fact that mommy is away for a whole week.
*starts sniffling again*

No comments: