Sunday, March 09, 2008

How exciting

For the first time in Malaysian history, BN may have just lost their 2/3 majority.

As of now, the opposition has claimed 73 out of the 75 seats needed to deny BN the majority.

Penang and Kedah have fallen into opposition's hands, and Kelantan remain under PAS.

Perak needs the opposition to claim 30/59 seats for the majority.
At this very moment, they have 29 already.

o_o

While we were out just now, mom suddenly said:

"Let's go home. Dr. Leela said..."
"But mom! I hardly ever see them any more... T_T"
"Ok ok, a while more. Be fast."
"=D"

I went back to look for my friends, only to find them departing hurriedly with their parents.
-.-''

In the car, I asked mom:

"I thought Dr. Leela wanted you to fetch her home again?"
"Oh, no la. She said that Penang has been taken over by the opposition..."
"YOU MEAN JEFF OOI WON? WHEEEE! HOW EXCITING!"
"Huh? I dunno la. But she said there might be sore losers, so better go home quick."
"...Omg. You mean like May 13th?"
"Well, you know..."
"I'm going to call Ling!"

So I called Ling, since I knew she reads Jeff Ooi (I am completely ignorant about politics, but I heard that he was running for a seat in Penang and it would so cool if a well-known blogger won =x) and could confirm IMMEDIATELY whether Penang, has indeed, fallen into the hands of the opposition.

But it turned out that she wasn't even in KL. -.-
Church camp.
Potong stim.

Instead, she planted seeds of paranoia into my already befuddled mind.

"You know ah, my mom went to the supermarket to buy dry goods d..."
"HAR?"

***

OMG. UPDATE.
Perak has fallen!
AHAHA!
74 parliamental seats have been snagged by the opposition.
One to go! THEY CAN DO IT! Jia you!

***

Okay, anyway, back to the conversation.
By telling me her mom has stocked up food already, she was doing nothing to alleviate my concerns over the possible 13/5 repeat incident.

T_T

Then I got really scared.
Like what if someone I knew got hurt?
OR DIED?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Once I reached home, I immediately started some research (and whining to Sher -.-)
It turns out that the race riot in 1969 was caused by...haiyo. Read about yourself la.
It's 4 am and I don't feel like teaching history ok.

From wikipedia (don't ask me if it's reliable info):

Shortly before the procession began, the gathering crowd was reportedly informed that Malays on their way to the procession had been attacked by Chinese in Setapak, several miles to the north.[citation needed] The angry protestors swiftly wreaked revenge by killing two passing Chinese motorcyclists, and the riot began.


My god.
Imagine.
You're riding your bike on the way home from work/going shopping/etc and a group of strangers grab you off your bike and kill you.

I mean, you'd die going HUH WTF DID I DO?

And your surviving relatives are going to heartbroken.
HUH WTF DID THEY DO?

Now I'm so scared for my friends x_x
What if we go shopping and suddenly a group of angry losers run up to us and beheads us before we could even go 'what the hell'?

It's no laughing matter ok.
I really am worried, despite my tone of voice.
It's just how I handle nervousness.

***

OMG OMG OMG 76 SEATS TAKEN.
Good job opposition.
Nice deny.
._.
Now I can sleep in peace.

***

Malaysiakini.com:

Anwar ushers in ‘a new dawn for Malaysia’ - 4.08am

A triumphant PKR leader Anwar Ibrahim described the victory of the opposition parties in five states and its breach of Barisan Nasional’s two-third majority in Parliament as “a defining moment” in the history of the nation and the opening of “a new chapter.”


EH? FIVE states?
Penang, Kedah, Perak, Kelantan...one more leh?

Can't be Selangor right?
Can it? o_O
thestar.com.my is quite slow in its updating, but that's the only state I see which...

Khalid to meet Selangor sultan soon - 4.05am

PKR secretary-general Khalid Ibrahim said they will meet with the Selangor sultan "soon" regarding the formation of the new state government.

However, he told Malaysiakini that he did not wish to jump the gun when asked whether he would be the new mentri besar. The deputy mentri besar is likely to be DAP’s Teng Chang Khim, who is former state opposition leader.


OMG OMG OMG!
I somehow missed that update. = =
Walao. BN lost another 4 states leh.
Dammit. All those fugly buntings and banners and flyers are all wasted.
Probably cost millions of ringgit.

. . .

I'm gonna stay home tomorrow.
It's not paranoia, it's a justified fear.
All of you please stay home for tomorrow, at least, until we know the general public reaction.
x__X

Please be safe.
I'm serious.

I'm off to bed now. Good night. ><


Song of the Day:

"Dirty Little Secret - All-American Rejects"

Sigh. I wanna see mom's face when she finds out. But I think I'll be fast asleep. ^^''

No comments: