Monday, March 31, 2008

Html Dreams

That's what we're doing for our 2nd IT project.

"Does anyone know what html is?"
"..."
"Hypertext..."
"Markup language."

o_o''

Omfg.
Geek much?
The words were out of my mouth before I knew it.
How did I even know what html stood for?

"Yes, correct!"

She looked slightly pleased for once.
=/

Oh well.
I showed Swarna the existence of hex codes and she was delighted and fascinated at the same time.

"Try entering a 6-digit code instead of 'Red.'"
"Can you DO that?"
"Can~"
"...Ohmygosh! That is so cool!"

It's so refreshing to find someone so enthusiastic and unjaded. =D

This project also carries 140 marks, but unlike the previous one, we can do this project individually...or in pairs!

-pinches thigh-

"You have GOT to be my partner!"
"Okayokayokayokay!"

***

Yesterday, my moral group filmed our compulsory video at My Place - the hostel opposite Taylor's where Shu Qing is staying.

There were 7 of us: Shu Qing, Suet Mun, Siew Mun, Ju Laine, Sam, Sheng and I.
So we were filming an epic story on road bullies. =O

Sheng is supposed to over Suet+Siew Mun's car and make them pull over, while he takes out this big stick and threatens them.

All was well - I was in the back seat of Suet+Siew Mun's car - Sheng stormed over the the car, whacked the window.

Shouted at them. Banged menacingly on the window.

OPEN UP! OPEN UP!
What the hell? No! Ohmygod, what is he going to do? Oh god, oh god.

Sheng stalks back to his car and throws the driver's seat door open and peers inside.
Furiously, he yanked the back seat door open.

He whirls around with his arms opened.

"WHERE'S MY STICK? WHERE'S MY STICK?"

I look up from the camera screen as everyone cracked up.

"THE STICK! THE STICK! HAHAHA OMG PAISEH! O_O"

I pulled out the stick from behind me as everyone laughed/glared at me.

"I was playing with it ma...x.x Nah. Your stick la. Haiyo. Sorry, sorry."

It ends with WHERE'S MY STICK? and me going HAHAHAHAHHA in the background. xD
I'll post the video up as soon as I can get my hands on it.

We made Sam do his thing in the video - just for kicks.
Speaking of kicks, the bloody boy kicked me in the shin while spinning on his hands.
The camera was rolling and I had to hold back my cry of pain and the sudden urge to strangle him. =.=

You can also see my impromptu confrontation with gangsta Sheng - all filmed from the back so you can only see Sheng's face and my back. o.o
Oh well.

=D
Sheng says I'm more gangsta than he is, mwahahaha.
Only I wasn't dressed the part. =(
He was wearing some jacket and singlet and ring-on-a-chain and all and I was in a white t-shirt and jeans.

=( Gosh. I need a haircut. My hair from the back looks like a nest. o_O
-shakes head-
The wind was strong that day.
Blame the wind.

***

Btw, today's the 31st.
Do you know what that means?

Let me tell you what that means.
It means your mom calls you during ESL class smack in the middle of Sam's presentation, earning you glares from people all around as you hastily cancel the call and switch to silent mode.

When I saw mom on the caller ID, I kept the phone in my hand, in case it rang again - who knew what was up?

Sure enough, 15 minutes later, it started vibrating in my palm.
Getting up silently, I saluted teacher.

"Sorry, I have to take this call."

She nods and I exited the classroom.

"What happened? I'm in the middle of class and my friend's presentation got interrupted! T_T"
"...oh. What ice cream flavours do you want ah?"
"-____________________-"

Sigh.

Every 31st of the months that HAVE a 31st, Baskin Robbins gives a 31% discount on their handpacked ice cream. There ya go.

The BIG emergency.

Lol.
Ling forgot all about it, and I also did.
T_T Sowwie for not reminding y'all.

In May, okay? =x

***

ARGH WTF period pain. T____T
I feel like dying, can?

I don't wanna go to school tomorrow - I can barely stay upright.
But it's a very very special day tomorrow and I cannot possibly miss it!
Maybe Wednesday when the pain is at it's peak.

Sniff.

I want chocolate. T_T

But I have a sore throat to top the nausea all off.
...

Super sigh.
Uber sigh.
Double sigh.
Triple sigh.
Quadruple sigh.
...5 x sigh.

I had a sweet dream this afternoon.
It's been a long time since I've had a pleasant dream - I've been plagued by nightmares for a while.

I'll tell you about it later.

The first dream I had was NOT pleasant.
It was about a house on a hill.
Me and someone - presumably mom, were going to check it out cause it was SO cheap, there must be something wrong with it.

There was a storm above and high tension wires marring the skyline.
It looked remarkably like the ashram in Bangsar.
I fled down a steep hill - barefoot. Thorns pierced my feet all the way down.

Until I reached tarmac - and heaved a sigh of relief. No more thorns.
I treaded lightly and suddenly I was falling - into the blackness of the tarmac.

I fell onto a body, lit by a dim white light with particles of dust swirling around.
At first I was happy. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair.
Then, he wouldn't wake up despite my shaking and caressing the body - horror intensified and set in.
I fled but I couldn't escape the otherwise pitch black room.

Scene skip.

Next scene, I was on a pier.
I was staring into the water, fascinated by the colourful leaves swirling about in the calm water.
2 of my friends - I can't remember whom - were in the water wading about, calling me to join them.

Slowly I walked into the water.
I liked it.
I immersed myself fully and followed their voices, swimming in their direction.
There was something colourful floating on the surface of the water. My friends started chasing after it.

I swam after them.
Suddenly, a current picked up.
They were swept off in different directions, and I was drowning...
Which is utter bullshit cause I KNOW how to swim.
But the currents were sucking me under and I was going to be smashed against this nasty looking brown rock when I told myself:

FUCK IT. JUST WAKE UP, CAN YOU?

I woke up.
I grabbed my handphone and it read 15.47.
Only 15 minutes had passed since I fell asleep.
What an intense dream.

Over the years I have acquired the ability to wake myself up from nightmares as soon as I realise that it IS a nightmare, and not reality.

Thank god.
Cause I totally believe in this theory that if you die in your sleep, you're gonna die in real life too - or at least be partially affected in the mind.

Sigh. See what I mean by nightmares. (Daymares? -.-)

Even the so-called good dream wasn't entirely good - this was after the above scenes and when I went back to sleep.

Whatever, it involves passing out in pain (ha. ha. sounds good already doesn't it?) on the floor.
Then I get picked up and carried to a huge fluffy bed and sayang-ed while been given warm water to drink until I finally pass out again.

But it felt nice to be cared for - to not be alone in your suffering.

But it does not end well.
The warm presence that found me and kissed my forehead before laying me down to sleep again vanished. I woke up - in the dream - and stumbled into a dimly lit bathroom.

I don't know what happened, but it wasn't good.
I was trapped and I whited out again.

=_=

Next few scenes involved swimming pools, beaches and books.
It was not as nice as it sounds.
It was horribly eerie.

I mean, the setting was gorgeous.
Bright sunny sky, blue pool, powder fine sand, intricate lace-patterned garden chairs, stone steps leading to multiple pools...

But something was missing.

Living beings.
Besides me, it was utterly devoid of living beings.

I felt a presence in the air - like some people were there, but I couldn't see them.
So I was sitting half-submerged in the pool alone, reading a book.

There was a splashing in a water.
I turned to look.
Ripples.

A shadow in the corner of my eye.
That horrible presence that I couldn't shake.

I left the pool and started to walk away, but as I walked I seemed to get nowhere.
It was all the same - the same resort-like facade; the same menacing presence in the air.

I woke up.

Nearly every detail vivid in my mind.

Sigh. My dreams are no run-of-the-mill horror flicks - no madman chasing you, hungry for your blood; no billions of spiders surroundings you, their eyes glowing red.

It's terrifying in a more subtle, stalker-like kind of way.

I don't get it.


Song of the Day:

"Come What May - Nicole Kidman/Ewan McGregor"

Woot. I'm a sucker for cheesy songs.

No comments: