Thursday, March 13, 2008

Well

It looks like I didn't type enough 'please's the day before yesterday.
Then maybe, just maybe I could have gotten the eight As I wanted. =.=
Right.

Anyway, the school took almost 90 minutes to do analysis of the results, and in the meantime I caught up with B, Sui, Siew and Sabrina. (Lyana was nowhere to be seen)

After deciding that I was going to die of boredom any minute, we wandered off in search of our old teachers.

The first (and last) teacher we found was Mrs. Rozario - B and Sui's accounts teacher.

I have no idea who she is - no wonder I'm getting C for my accounts at the present - imagine my surprise when she punched me in the face.

No, I'm not kidding.
Yours truly got punched in the kisser by a tiny woman no taller than my shoulder.

So, ok, it was an accident - but it caught me off guard nonetheless.

"HI TEACHER!"
"HIIII!"

Mrs Rozario flung her arms wide open to hug Abigail and subsequently, her bony fist slammed into my lips and nose.

I gasped.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!"

She started laughing while I arranged my face to resemble something like this:

=.=!!

Her accounts class was trying (unsuccessfully) to suppress giggles.
I glared at each and every one of them, then rolled my eyeballs.

"You look familiar!"

._. Yet I don't recognize her at all. I've never given her more than a passing glance when I was still in school. I guess height makes you rather memorable - even to strangers.

I was rather surprised at the amount of applause I got when my name was called up - not from my friends I know - they were all on stage ALREADY, having obtained considerably more As than I did. But from the other members of the audience.

However, at that moment in time, I couldn't care less about the noise level in the hall as my heart was too busy breaking into tiny little pieces to analyse my surroundings.

Puan Nancy announced the statistics of our school.

"We are very proud of you students. You have fared very well in this year's exam, and although you may not have obtained straight As, you should nevertheless be happy with your results - they are very good!"

-clapclapclap-

"Our school has 4 students who have obtained striaght A1s..."

-more claps-

"And the total number of straight As is 14..."

-child starts crying ominously in the background-

My eyes widen.

"WAHHHHHH! WAAAARGGHHHH!!!"

Puan Nancy laughed nervously.
I think the spirits of the students fell when it was known that there were only 14 straight As in our school.

The child continued wailing.

"But, a LOT of you have gotten 6As and above and you should be proud of yourselves!"

Unenthusiastic applause.
How on EARTH can the faculty think that 6As and above is something to be proud of?
RAWR!

I sniffed.

Then, they started announcing the results.
Sui went up first - straight As.
B went up next - 10 As 1 B.
Lyana went up next - 8 As.

The moment Lyana went up my hopes crashed. She was in the class after me - there was no way I could've gotten 8 As now.

So I just sat there with my chin on Celynn's head blowing at her fringe while she giggled and blew her fringe back up into my face.

Nevermind that teacher said 'Stephanie Yeong' and not "Yeong Shan Wen, Stephanie" which I find extremely long-winded even though it is my full name and is what is printed on my certs.

"Celynn, Celynn. Geroff me."

She squirmed and removed herself from my lap and I took the walk of shame onto the stage.
Sigh.

Seven.
-smiles weakly-

Screwed.

I messaged mom immediately - she called me 4 times before that, hankering to know my results. Then Sherm, becaused I promised. Then Josh called, and I left the stage to answer.

"Yo Steph! So how??"
"-_________- Same as you lo."
"What? I can't hear you!"
"SAME AS YOU! SEVEN!"
"Oh! Congrats! Kla, call you later. So noisy."

-hangs up-

I walk back to the stage to join my friends and found Siew Lei crying.
Oh, hell no.
HELL NO.
6 As.

And I thought she would get all As as well...

Jeanette got 7As and 4Bs - HIGH 5 GIRL!
Brandon, who called me 5 times in a row - all of which I ignored except the last - told me that Shabari was depressed: DON'T CALL HIM!

-_-"

He's one of the smarter boys I know, and if he could get fewer As than I did - something is seriously screwed up.

But then again, Brandon is known (to me, at least) with his habit of bullshitting/exaggerating even if it's just to make people laugh.

"Hey Steph, how?!"
"DON'T ASK. I'M DEPRESSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!"
"Haha, aiyo. How la?"
"...Seven."
"Good what! Congrats! You know, I heard Shabari only got 5 As!"
"WHAAAAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"
"Yeah, I called auntie Geetha and that's what she said. He's damn depressed now, you'd better not call him."
"O. Okay."
"Okay lah, I'll see you on Saturday."
"Okayyyy T_T Seeya."

-hangs up-

Anyway.
Here's what you came here to find out (according to the amount of hits I got yesterday -.-):

B3s:

As expected, Chemistry and Add Maths.
However, I thought I've fixed my BM up enough to obtain at least an A2.

I thought wrong.

But WTF LA!
How on earth can I get lower for SPM than I did for trials? T___________T

-heartbreak-

A2:
Biology.

WTH!
My bio has always been my best science subject and on par with Abigail - best Bio student in our form.

A2?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
GO DIE LAR!
I WANT A REGRADE!

The rest were A1s.
Even Moral.
Even Sejarah.
And yes, my 1119 too (Ha. Ha. So I see swearing in my essay has not affected my grade in the least.)

It's the tiniest comfort - but at least mom is all for rechecking my BM and Bio paper.

"Hey," she says, "it's 100 bucks for a 1000 right?"

Which was exactly what I thought.
But to know that she agreed with me was a comfort like you couldn't imagine.

1000 bucks subsidy from Taylor's requires at least 8As, or 7A1s.
I got 7As and 6A1s.

Go figure. x_x

Anyway, congrats to all who have done as well as they expected.
And to all those who didnt: Join me for chocolates and champagne?

Song of the Day:

"Red to Black - Fort Minor"

Sigh. Have you heard of retail therapy?
It works! Look at what I bought to comfort myself yesterday:



Cute right? RIGHT? RIGHT? RIGHT?
Its name is Chendoll. It is currently genderless.

No comments: