Thursday, March 13, 2008

Music

The Music Meme
Answer everything. Provide reasons if you feel like it, link lyrics if you feel like it. Enjoy! ( Note: Songs listed are from a list of songs under the same question unless stated. )

Favourite song(s)?


Show Me The Meaning of Being Lonely - BSB

Save Tonight - Eagle-Eye Cherry

Light Surrounding You - Evermore

Basket Case - Green Day

Pushing Me Away/reanimated - Linkin Park

Map of the Problematique - Muse

Heart-Shaped Box - Nirvana

The Greatest View - Silverchair

Rule The World - Take That

Well, as you can see, I don't really have a favourite, but these are some that really stand out for me. (After a quick scroll through my playlist =x)


Least favourite song(s)?

Bubbly - Colbie Caillat

Beautiful Girls - Sean Kingston

Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne

Or anything that gets stuck in your head - and is not even remotely nice.


Most romantic song(s)?

If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys

My Boo - Usher/Alicia Keys (Oh dear. HAHAHA)

Come What May - Ewan MrGregor/Nicole Kidman =x

Unintended - Muse

Hanging By A Moment - Lifehouse

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held on to
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you

Most wistful song?

Feeling Good - Muse

Because I Want You - Placebo


Most comforting song?

Bliss - Muse

I Turn to You - Christina Aguilera

...for the strength, to be strong, for the will to carry on~
I TURN TO YOU XDD


Well, these two are not so much for the lyrics than for the melody. It's relaxing.


Most motivational song?

It's My Life - Bon Jovi

The Voice Within - Christina Aguilera

When there's no one else
Look inside yourself
Like your oldest friend just
Trust the voice within
Then you'll find the strength
That will guide your way
You'll learn to begin to
Trust the voice within

Most philosophical song?


Drive - Incubus

So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine
and hold my own and drive?

Best lyrics + music mixture?

Showbiz - Muse

And they make me
Make me dream your dreams
And they make me
Make me scream your screams


I love this song.
I builds up so dramatically and when you hit the climax you just wanna start howling together with Matt, haha.

Most beautiful lyrics?

Coin-Operated Boy - The Dresden Dolls

Made of plastic and elastic
He is rugged and long lasting
Who could ever, ever ask for more?
Love without complications galore
Many shapes and weights to choose from
I will never leave my bedroom
I will never cry at night again
Wrap my arms around him and pretend

Well, I wouldn't say it's beautiful, but it is rather unconventional and differs from today's pop.
Hilarious. =3


Favourite artiste/band:

Muse


Most hated artiste/band:

Sean Kingston RAWR


Best instrumental solo (in a song or the whole song, state instrument):

Piano: The bridge in Butterflies and Hurricanes - Muse

Guitar: Rylynn - Andy McKee (I want this song in my iPod T__T)


Best song for walking:

Are You Gonna Be My Girl? - Jet

Okay, maybe not for walking. more like skipping and jumping along happily. ^^

Happiest song:

Happy Together - Simple Plan cover

So, it's not exactly in tune, but it makes me happy, lol.


Saddest song:

Someday - Nickelback
How the hell'd we wind up like this ?
And why weren't we able
To see the signs that we missed ?
And try to turn the tables
Now the story's played out like this
Just like a paperback novel
Let's rewrite an ending that fits
Instead of a Hollywood horror
Aw. How sad. =[

Most "cool" song (smooth, steady, that kind of cool):

Everything - Michael Buble =3


Most "raw" song (sincere, open, leaking emotion and so on):

Creep - Radiohead
I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul

I want you to notice
When I'm not around
You're so fucking special
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here
Hands down. =/


Most "urgent" song (seize the day, time is running out, that sort of thing):

Time Is Running Out - Muse

HA. Self-explanatory.


Song that you associate with:

Rain: Umbrella - Rihanna (How can I not? -_________-)

Sunshine: You Are My Sunshine (my only sunshine/you make me happy/when skies are grey)

Night: I Wanna Rock n Roll All Night - Kiss

Morning: A New Day Has Come - Celine Dion (o_o)


Most obscure nice song:

Your Brains - Jonathan Coulton

The title says it all. Here's an FYI: You're all gonne die/Screaming

I'm glad to see you take constructive criticism well.
Thank you for your time, I know we're all busy as hell.
We'll put this thing to bed, when I bash your head open.
Most overplayed song (at any point in time):

Bubbly - Colbie Caillat

Axle F - Crazy Frog

NUUUUUU x__X


Song that reminds you the most of childhood:

The Pokemon Theme Song

I wanna be the very best
No one ever was


HAHAHA GEEK!


Song most associated with memories (a particular one, a bunch, everything, doesn't matter):

Plug In Baby - Muse

Cigarettes - Fort Minor

Welcome to My Life - Simple Plan

Malaysians swearing in unison while the artist keeps it clean? Woot.

And how could I forget the idiot who grabbed on to my bra strap during the concert (and subsequently received a sharp elbow in the solar plexus for his efforts? Poor fella.)


Favourite oldies song:

ABBA and Beatles stuff.


Favourite non-English song:

Forever With You - Big Bang

Lol. I think KC only liked it cause of the pretty pretty pretty girl in the MV. Hehe.


Your song (one you live by/believe in strongly/defines you, etc):

Truthfully? I have no idea. xD
I guess it changes every week or so, depending on my present outlook on life.


Last but not least, any other song (s) that's special to you (with a reason):

Light Surrounding You - Evermore


Ahaha. This is Den's and my remedial song when something else gets stuck in our head.

And I see the light surrounding you...-stops to lol- Ok. Cured!


Tag four people (because three and five are too common):

Whoever who wants to do it la. Poor, bored souls. =(

No comments: